What's new

Tatuaje limited releases

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
In one of the recent "Design the next Monster Series" threads, didn't someone mention The Bride, which would be The Frank blend but in a smaller vitola?

I also remember an interview where Pete mentioned the "Saints & Sinners" program which would offer members some experimental/very HTF sticks. That should make things real interesting, once it gets off the ground.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In one of the recent "Design the next Monster Series" threads, didn't someone mention The Bride, which would be The Frank blend but in a smaller vitola?

I also remember an interview where Pete mentioned the "Saints & Sinners" program which would offer members some experimental/very HTF sticks. That should make things real interesting, once it gets off the ground.
Barring an astronomical price, I will be a part of this. I must make it happen.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Things are always subject to change, but...

~The Meatlocker will not be released this year (most likely)
~Saints and Sinners will have their own LE sticks that you can get nowhere else (most likely)
~The M80s will be released next year
~Fousto (T110 blend) will be released in 3 different vitolas
~Next year's Monster will be the "Wolf"

~brooks

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Hey Brooks, most of that I knew (with the exception of the Saints and Sinners, I thought it was more of a program where you get to try different blends of sticks that are on their way to the market) but Pete handed me a broadleaf wrapped T110, any idea what that is (or will be)? It is not a Fousto.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Hey Brooks, most of that I knew (with the exception of the Saints and Sinners, I thought it was more of a program where you get to try different blends of sticks that are on their way to the market) but Pete handed me a broadleaf wrapped T110, any idea what that is (or will be)? It is not a Fousto.
Nope, never heard of it...but I will be happy to buy it off you! :stretchgr

As for Saints and Sinners, (and anything Tatuaje related) you have to remember that Pete talks to quite a few people all the time, and they are all asking for info about upcoming stuff...Pete has been known to change his mind on things as well (seemingly out of the blue, although I don't believe that), and there is also the problems with actually MAKING the cigars (if there is time, if they want to do specific marketing before release etc), so until you get confirmation that something is being released (ie, we know that Barclay Rex is getting a stick, and we know that Fousto is being released) I would treat it all as hearsay...

Just my $.02....

~brooks

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Nope, never heard of it...but I will be happy to buy it off you! :stretchgr

As for Saints and Sinners, (and anything Tatuaje related) you have to remember that Pete talks to quite a few people all the time, and they are all asking for info about upcoming stuff...Pete has been known to change his mind on things as well (seemingly out of the blue, although I don't believe that), and there is also the problems with actually MAKING the cigars (if there is time, if they want to do specific marketing before release etc), so until you get confirmation that something is being released (ie, we know that Barclay Rex is getting a stick, and we know that Fousto is being released) I would treat it all as hearsay...

Just my $.02....

~brooks
This seems to be the case in general with Pete. He loves to talk about what he's working on, and what he hopes to do. But that's different than "this goes into production next month" or a Twitter/Facebook post of a new label, etc, which obviously means a sure thing.

I think it's cool that he talks about possible stuff and things he's tinkering with or considering. The only other guys in the industry who does that, that I know of, are Steve Saka and JD from Drew Estates.

When a few of us herfed at NHC this spring I told Pete (okay, begged) that he should do a Black and Verocu in a lancero. He said that they've rolled the Black before, just for in-house tasting. I asked him if it was good, he laughed and said "Well of course they're F'ing good."

ericdriscoll

CRA Ambassador #175966
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've spoken to Pete many times and he gets excited and mentions all those projects. I give him credit for his creatively and wanting to do. Any old school Tat guys remeber the Old Man and The Sea? Pete knows what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When a few of us herfed at NHC this spring I told Pete (okay, begged) that he should do a Black and Verocu in a lancero. He said that they've rolled the Black before, just for in-house tasting. I asked him if it was good, he laughed and said "Well of course they're F'ing good."
Sounds amazing...

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Things are always subject to change, but...

~Fousto (T110 blend) will be released in 3 different vitolas

~brooks
Is it possible there are 4 sizes? I know after the Drac release last year, Scott (Drac on BOTL) from Smoke Signals here in NY mentioned that there was a Fausto vitola being released exclusive to his shop. Or could that be one of the 3?

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Is it possible there are 4 sizes? I know after the Drac release last year, Scott (Drac on BOTL) from Smoke Signals here in NY mentioned that there was a Fausto vitola being released exclusive to his shop. Or could that be one of the 3?
Tatuaje website says 3 vitolas.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
With Tatuaje, anything is possible.

:stretchgr

~brooks

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Anyone heard Pete talk about what the new Actors Series in February is supposed to taste like? I would be interested to see if he stays in the Frank/Boris flavor range.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Are the specifics on this cigar known yet, size/blend/etc.? Is it scheduled for 2010 or 2011?

Thanks!

Talked with Pete and he said:Barclay Rex in NYC on Lexington.The cigar is like the Pork Tenderloin's big brother,6x52 pigtail and covered foot with Connecticut broadleaf for wrapper.

No price was mentioned. Maybe as soon November. Not sure.