What's new

Tatuaje Pork Tenderloin

klipsch

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I spoke to Jack at G Street last week and there was no news of a release date for the Meat Locker or the next "Cut". As far as the Tenderloin goes...this has become the cigar that all others are being measured against amongst myself and some very respectful smokers. In relation to flavor, construction, strength and price. There are a lot of better cigars out there...but not anywhere near $8 a stick though.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I spoke to Jack at G Street last week and there was no news of a release date for the Meat Locker or the next "Cut". As far as the Tenderloin goes...this has become the cigar that all others are being measured against amongst myself and some very respectful smokers. In relation to flavor, construction, strength and price. There are a lot of better cigars out there...but not anywhere near $8 a stick though.
Yep...the quality you get for the price for this cigar will be hard to beat by ANY cigar this year...It may well be the best deal of the year...

~brooks

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

No dought. Although IMO the price of the Dirty Rat is higher, but the flavor (transition), construction and oh yea the strenght is right there for me.

I am perched like a hawk over the chicken pen waiting for the next Meat Locker though.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Kinda get the feeling they are gonna be easy enough to come by. Tenderloin was 200 bundles of 25. If there are 40 in a box (10x 4 different sticks) the math would seem to work out to 500 boxes. For a single store release that is pretty good and there are gonna be a lot of folks that aren't willing to drop $400+ for a box.

But don't get me wrong, I am gonna make sure I get them as quick as I can once they are released.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Dammit, this is what pisses me off about the limited production stuff. I decided not to knock myself out trying to get the Tenderloin, and it sounds like I missed a great cigar.
I thought the same thing, but changed my mind in time to get a 5er. Yea for me!

When I talked to Jose when buying the Tenderloin, he intimated that it would be different sized cigars in the Meat Locker. Pretty sure he said the Porkchop was on that list...not sure what the other three will be...I think he also mentioned that it would be counts of 40 in the box/case....
My understanding is the tenderloin did NOT make the cut for the meat locker meaning it may be the Porkchop and other sticks, and if it is 10 sticks of each, there would be 4 different sticks, . . ., um, and minus the Porkchop, . . ., would leave 3 other sticks, . . .,um, . . . which is exactly what you said. nevermind.

So the tenderloin not making the cut. Does that mean the other sticks in the meat locker are better? Or the tenderloin is just more different, or not different enough ???

klipsch

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yep...the quality you get for the price for this cigar will be hard to beat by ANY cigar this year...It may well be the best deal of the year...

~brooks
No dought. Although IMO the price of the Dirty Rat is higher, but the flavor (transition), construction and oh yea the strenght is right there for me.

I am perched like a hawk over the chicken pen waiting for the next Meat Locker though.
The unfortunate thing...is that The Padron 46, the My Father LE and the Dirty Rat all get pulled in for value at their price point. So the comments lately regarding those have been along the line of "but is it worth $XX.00?"

Jose said that it's gonna be a punched up version of the Pork Chop that makes the Meat Locker :applause:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I may be in the minority here...

But the Tat 7th Reserva > Tat Tenderloin (for "right now" anyway)... at least IMO........

BUT.....

the potential for the Tenderloin to be amazing down the road is certainly there.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I thought the same thing, but changed my mind in time to get a 5er. Yea for me!

My understanding is the tenderloin did NOT make the cut for the meat locker meaning it may be the Porkchop and other sticks, and if it is 10 sticks of each, there would be 4 different sticks, . . ., um, and minus the Porkchop, . . ., would leave 3 other sticks, . . .,um, . . . which is exactly what you said. nevermind.

So the tenderloin not making the cut. Does that mean the other sticks in the meat locker are better? Or the tenderloin is just more different, or not different enough ???
Or, more then likely, the other blends were just not ready yet :)

~brooks

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hopefully the meat locker gets delayed until after the first of the year... I must have one but I need some time to recover from the last month or so, haha.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Oh the horror! I need to find a second job! The price on the Tenderloins certainly does help their overall rating. $200 for a bundle of 25 was just a sick price.