What's new

Tatuaje "The Face"

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
MSRP? $13 a stick.

Actual sale price depends on the taxes in the state where they are being sold and what kind of markup the retailers put on them...

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
One shop that I know of is selling them marked up and is making out of state orders pay tax. Not cool at all. Pete needs to get a handle on that.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i'm so glad i'm not looking to buy any of these. Thats a bunch of bullshit. Isn't that some type of fraud to bill someone out of state for sales tax, but then just pocket that as profit?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
One shop that I know of is selling them marked up and is making out of state orders pay tax. Not cool at all. Pete needs to get a handle on that.
Of course I'm not sure of all state laws, but it was explained to me by two different B&M's in two different states that if they sell stuff out of state, they need to file paperwork on where it went as to explain how/why they are selling things without collecting taxes. I bought a box of cigars from out of state and the guy said he would only ship it to me if I paid the taxes as he didn't want to deal with the added paperwork/legalities. It was fair to me because he had to do extra work to ship it, so I paid a little extra for the inconvenience.

Not saying that's how it is everywhere, but something to keep in mind.

Edit: of course that could all be pure BS too and they just want the money...

Rating - 100%
68   0   1

Def not cool. Pete should handle that asap.
Shops pulling wack moves this year will be hurt by the lack of followup business I predict. To many shops out there to get stingy on customers. Smart owners will see this as a chance to get new/future customers.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i'm so glad i'm not looking to buy any of these. Thats a bunch of bullshit. Isn't that some type of fraud to bill someone out of state for sales tax, but then just pocket that as profit?
Almost as much BS as shops sending customer info to other states tax authorities.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Hey guys...not sure if this was said easrlier or not...but there is going to be drama with a 666 box release. I would just suggest that if it does not effect you...then let it go. Pete will find out about these details one way or another.

From the mans mouth last night...if this turns into as much drama as last year...this will be the last year. If ya want the sticks then I do hope that ya get em. Just don't whine and complain about how things are running...because chances are...you will still get the box you want.

And if it is cool with admins...possibly after the 14th (i think the day after is best) we could start a single ISO thread like last year so brothers that are in good luck....can help those that are not. I forget who did last years...but if they do not take the reins...I will offer up to help.

I personally really enjoy this time of year and look forward to seeing it continue. Lets not ruin it. I do promise that what you write will be read by Pete...just please don't pile more and more junk on top of junk.

this is all just my .02...but pete was 100% dead serious last night when he said it...and I personally would like to see the next cigars that are up...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Would the "secondary" retailers be getting thier shipment the week of Oct. 25or the week of Nov. 1 (since Halloween is on a Suday)?

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Here is what Pete said earlier:

"For all the collectors, I am still making the funky gimmicky box and releasing it first. Then I am also releasing the same cigar two weeks later in plain boxes for people that only care about the smokes. Just under 22,000 cigars which happens to be a lot for a company my size and should be enough to make it easy to find. No spooky ticket and no giveaway. Just cigars for the holiday."

So that should be the week of October 25th.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
OK. Stop with the drama folks. We are having shades of last year. Thank god its not as bad, but it has the potential. Pete hated the drama last year, so take some advice, act like adults, stop whining and help your brothers if you are lucky. I am sure that someone will get an extra box or extra cigars and help folks out. Just relax and breathe.

Personally, its just a cigar that turns to ash. Let Pete handle his business, you handle yours.

I might suggest that this thread get moved to the other area!

Last edited: