What's new

Tatuaje Zona Del Este WOW!!

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
So this was part of a rarer group of sticks I got from a brother here. This was the first Zona Del Este that I have ever had (and my only one). I clipped the cap and took a dry draw...I can taste sweetness and the air flows perfect. I spark it up and immediately get that signature Tat spicy hit (which I look forward to)...I would say that this stick is as spicy as a brown but it also has a beautiful sweet taste to it...like a sherry wine...very Anejo like (though not as blatant and powerfull) without any harshness. This stick is not complex but the flavors are consistant and wonderful. It burned like a champ with never an issue. I can honestly say that this stick is now in my top 5 favorites...I freakin LOVED every second of this stick and I need MORE! :cjump:

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Loved it when I lit it too bro sad that it was the first and last I ever smoked... don't think I'll ever be able to get my hands on any more of these.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Loved it when I lit it too bro sad that it was the first and last I ever smoked... don't think I'll ever be able to get my hands on any more of these.
Yeah...major drag...do you know are these an annual release and if so when are where?

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
One time deal. Came and gone. Keep your eyes open for more popping up, you never know where you might find them.. There has been talk of different sizes of this blend in the future.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
One time deal. Came and gone. Keep your eyes open for more popping up, you never know where you might find them.. There has been talk of different sizes of this blend in the future.
There are 2 other sizes right now..... the Verucu#1 (Exclusivo Lado Occidenta) over at CI right now and the verucu#9 over at Holt's

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
There are 2 other sizes right now..... the Verocu#1 (Exclusivo Lado Occidenta) over at CI right now and the verucu#9 over at Holt's
Actuallythat one was released along with the Verocu No.2. So it just appears every now and then from a batch that was made that one time. The No. 9 is a different blend.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
There are 2 other sizes right now..... the Verucu#1 (Exclusivo Lado Occidenta) over at CI right now and the verucu#9 over at Holt's
They're different blends, not the same.

" Tatuaje Zona Del Este cigars are made by Tabacalera Cubana S.A. in Estelí, Nicaragua, under the direction of Pete Johnson and Jose Pepin Garcia. They are extensions of the Tatuaje Havana VI (red label) line made in Nicaragua. Verocu is a Cuban slang term loosely meaning ballsy, similar to Cojonu, which Tatuaje uses on two of the Miami made cabinet series (brown label) cigars.
These cigars smoke stronger than the traditional Havana VI line, but not quite as strong as the cabinet line."

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Actuallythat one was released along with the Verocu No.2. So it just appears every now and then from a batch that was made that one time. The No. 9 is a different blend.
I knew the 1 and 2 were released at the same time and had the same blend, I thought that the No. 9 was the same blend too?? I was just saying these are still avail in cabs and 5ers on CI's site, not sure where they came from but they are there...

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
They're different blends, not the same.

" Tatuaje Zona Del Este cigars are made by Tabacalera Cubana S.A. in Estelí, Nicaragua, under the direction of Pete Johnson and Jose Pepin Garcia. They are extensions of the Tatuaje Havana VI (red label) line made in Nicaragua. Verocu is a Cuban slang term loosely meaning ballsy, similar to Cojonu, which Tatuaje uses on two of the Miami made cabinet series (brown label) cigars.
These cigars smoke stronger than the traditional Havana VI line, but not quite as strong as the cabinet line."
So now, lol, you are saying the No. 1 and No. 2 are different blends?!? I thought the only difference between the two was size...

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So now, lol, you are saying the No. 1 and No. 2 are different blends?!? I thought the only difference between the two was size...
Why not check the guide? :eyebrow:
[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=27097"]Official Pete Johnson Reference Guide - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
No, I'm saying that the "Zona Del Este" is not the same blend as the "Havana VI". At least that's what all of my research has shown.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Moro your guide is where I get all my info lol, I didn't see that part on the bottom about the no. 9 having a different wrapper, but my original post about the no. 1 being the same blend and being on sale now still holds true right? lol They were saying it was a great cigar you couldn't buy anymore and I was trying to say you can.... Whatever, its not worth it.... lol

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
...but my original post about the no. 1 being the same blend and being on sale now still holds true right? lol They were saying it was a great cigar you couldn't buy anymore and I was trying to say you can.... Whatever, its not worth it.... lol
The thing is it is no longer in production. Those are some that were saved from the original release.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
The more I "research" the more confused I get. I guess the best thing to do is leave it at "whatever, they all kick ass!" :dunno:

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
The Verocu #1 and #2 are the same blend but different sizes (makes for the taste difference). They are a slightly different blend the the Havana VI. Not quite sure about the #9. All of the blends are a beautiful experience when smoked at the "right' time.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
The thing is it is no longer in production. Those are some that were saved from the original release.
I think you are putting words into my mouth, I never said they were re-released or anything, I just said that they were available right now.....

Stop picking on me Moro!!!!!!!:sadstare:

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I think you are putting words into my mouth, I never said they were re-released or anything, I just said that they were available right now.....

Stop picking on me Moro!!!!!!!:sadstare:
Stop? But I'm just starting. :king: