What's new

Tatuaje Zona Del Este WOW!!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I think you are putting words into my mouth, I never said they were re-released or anything, I just said that they were available right now.....

Stop picking on me Moro!!!!!!!:sadstare:
Be happy he doesn't send you a cake!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
If he thinks he is out of my reach just because he isn't in the US he is completely wrong:devilhead

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The Verocu #1 and #2 are the same blend but different sizes (makes for the taste difference). They are a slightly different blend the the Havana VI. Not quite sure about the #9. All of the blends are a beautiful experience when smoked at the "right' time.

This is how I describe it too...it sort of depends on your terminology. I mean technically, EVERY stick in the Havana VI line is a different blend, tailor made specifically for that size (unlike some cigars which are literally just more or less of the exact same stuff depending on size...if you follow that), though they all use leaves from the same bales of tobacco.

The East and West (Verocu #1 and #2) are of the same "stuff" as the Havana VI and are in that cigar line, but the blends are tailored to those two sticks--and in those cases are blended to be stronger in terms of both body and flavor, supposedly (I have yet to smoke any of the Verocu blends, hope to hit one this weekend!).

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Actuallythat one was released along with the Verocu No.2. So it just appears every now and then from a batch that was made that one time. The No. 9 is a different blend.
Your reference doesnt say the #9 is a dif blend just dif wrapper. Get it straight reference boy:boxing:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I find the east coast to be very different smoke from the west. I bought a 1/2 cab of both but eneded up buying a second full cab of the east.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I find the east coast to be very different smoke from the west. I bought a 1/2 cab of both but eneded up buying a second full cab of the east.
So since you're an expert...how exactly would you say they differ? Is it mostly a flavor difference, strength, both?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
So since you're an expert...how exactly would you say they differ? Is it mostly a flavor difference, strength, both?
the difference comes from the size of the cigar...the east is a little fatter, like say a double robusto...more short and squaty than the west, which is more a toro size if you ask me. that alone will make them taste somewhat different due to the simple fact that the smoke and flavors will hit your tongue differently when inhaling, and also the fact that the tobaccos, while the same in both, are burning at different rates...with the east, you have more tobacco burning at once, what with the fatter ring guage...which in my opinion, makes it a little more full flavored. but it's been a while since i had either...say, February.

As with Chuck, i'm a much bigger fan of the east coast.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Far from an expert my friend. When the west coast came out our B&M received four cabs. We smoked through two of them like nothing. Loved that cigar. THEN I got my hands on an east coast. I found them a little richer and heartier. I would not call the westy a toro. It is much bigger. Closer to a Mag 50 in size. THere is just something about the easty tho. I am told they are the same blend but that really surprises me. I find they differ a lot.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
the difference comes from the size of the cigar...the east is a little fatter, like say a double robusto...more short and squaty than the west, which is more a toro size if you ask me. that alone will make them taste somewhat different due to the simple fact that the smoke and flavors will hit your tongue differently when inhaling, and also the fact that the tobaccos, while the same in both, are burning at different rates...with the east, you have more tobacco burning at once, what with the fatter ring guage...which in my opinion, makes it a little more full flavored. but it's been a while since i had either...say, February.

As with Chuck, i'm a much bigger fan of the east coast.
That makes total sense. Since I like the thinner gagues best in the regular line--so far--it will be interesting to see if that holds for the Verocu as well.