What's new

Tatuaje Zona Del Este WOW!!

Wigwam_Motel

Banned
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Far from an expert my friend. When the west coast came out our B&M received four cabs. We smoked through two of them like nothing. Loved that cigar. THEN I got my hands on an east coast. I found them a little richer and heartier. I would not call the westy a toro. It is much bigger. Closer to a Mag 50 in size. THere is just something about the easty tho. I am told they are the same blend but that really surprises me. I find they differ a lot.
east coast are far to my liking. just an oilier smoke. but, what do i know.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I unfortunately will go against the grain here and say that while the eastie is a great cigar I prefered the westie just because I still have some issues with the bigger ring gauges.
No grain. Just opinions. Love em both. Just nuances.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I like the east wayyy better than the west. The main reason is the size. I don't have the time for the west. that is a commitment!!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Anybody want to chime in on how the Verocu No. 9 stacks up against the No.1 & No.2 ?
TIA!

Now I feel bad that I only ordered one 5 pk of the Easties...oh well, what can you do? :dunno:

Last edited:
Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I am still trying to get over the sacrilege of comparing a Tatuaje to a Fuente. I think there should be a rule here that prevents such comparisons from taking place in the future. (I am sure it is evident that I am not a very big Fuente fan)

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am still trying to get over the sacrilege of comparing a Tatuaje to a Fuente. I think there should be a rule here that prevents such comparisons from taking place in the future. (I am sure it is evident that I am not a very big Fuente fan)
Dave -

Do you mean you object to people describing the taste of one cigar by likening it to the taste of another brand?

In a Tatuaje/Fuente comparison, which brand do you feel was sacrileged?
...just curious as to what your preferences are.

-Gus

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Um...It was a compliment...Fuente makes some of the best cigars IMO...ever had an Anejo?...AWESOME!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I sure he has. Some people just don't like the taste of Fuente Koolaide. I like them but think them to be over-hyped with the exception of a few cigars. Fuente follows the "it's got to be good if you can't get your hands on it" marketing style. They can make plenty of the cigars but if they released the Anejos as regularly as the 858s then they'd be as regular as the 858s.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I sure he has. Some people just don't like the taste of Fuente Koolaide. I like them but think them to be over-hyped with the exception of a few cigars. Fuente follows the "it's got to be good if you can't get your hands on it" marketing style. They can make plenty of the cigars but if they released the Anejos as regularly as the 858s then they'd be as regular as the 858s.
I don't drink all the Koolaide...just a bunch of it. So as for the "it's got to be good if you can't get your hands on it" marketing style...kinda like Tatuaje? Can't get the Zona anymore and that sir is some damn fine koolaide! Is there a production cigar tuffer to score than the Tat blacks? I mean, they still make them right? You can score 10000 opus to one black! Hey man, the marketing works...and when they are available people are falling all over themselves and paying big $$$ to get them. I am not 100% loyal to any brand...but I do certainly have more of some brands than others.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0

Exactly! Nintendo followed this marketing style with the Wii, and has sold a bazillion consoles. But most people I know hardly play them anymore after a year or so.

That's not to say that the rare Fuentes aren't good---honestly, I've never smoked an Opus, Anejo, WOAM, Casa, etc. so I can't comment--but I don't think anyone will deny that they are very hyped cigars.

Of course, Tatuaje has become a very hyped brand as well--though not as much as Fuente. Hype doesn't = bad of course, but sometimes hype is just hype.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I'm not saying Fuente is the only one that does it. Tatuaje does it as well as many others. The difference seems to lie in the fact that Fuente consistently produces the same vitolas but only releases so much of the product (compare to diamond industry). With the exception of a few vitolas from Tatuaje they either only wanted to make a short run of it, or only had so much tobacco to make them. So once the tobacco was used up and couldn't be replicated Pete and company moved on and made other cigars.

I appreciate forward progress when it comes to cigars. To me they're organic creations just like wine which changes from year to year. So I do not mind the "can't get hands on" aspect once a cigar is sold out. Just like when a vintage of wine is drank up you just go find something else you like.

Variety is the spice of life, unless you're married of course. hahha

Last edited: