What's new

The 2012 BOTL™ Chicagoland HERF :: June 23rd

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Working out strings on this one. Where's the best place(s) to stay near Casa? Thinking Alinea for my Bday on Sunday so I'll be staying in the city Sun-Mon. Going to try and fly in on Friday if possible so Fri-Sat outside of the city. G1

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Working out strings on this one. Where's the best place(s) to stay near Casa? Thinking Alinea for my Bday on Sunday so I'll be staying in the city Sun-Mon. Going to try and fly in on Friday if possible so Fri-Sat outside of the city. G1
A place near Casa... I would stay in Oakbrook, IL. It's relatively close to CdM, probably around 5 to 8 miles away, and there are a few things to do in the area. You may just want to stay in the city all four days since there is more to do obviously there... although you'll have like a 30 to 45 minute commute to CdM depending on where you stay in the city and traffic.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
A place near Casa... I would stay in Oakbrook, IL. It's relatively close to CdM, probably around 5 to 8 miles away, and there are a few things to do in the area. You may just want to stay in the city all four days since there is more to do obviously there... although you'll have like a 30 to 45 minute commute to CdM depending on where you stay in the city and traffic.
Yeah, since I'll have to rent a car, I was going to try and stay out of the city if at all possible due to it being a weekend, plus they charge you anywhere from 30-80 a night for parking in the city. Was a a little worried as the Taste used to be right around that time as well but they moved it to a week after the fourth which is weird. BTW, are there tickets or anything for the event? G1

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
BTW, are there tickets or anything for the event? G1
This event on Saturday is open to all BOTL that can make it. If you plan to come, try to make sure you confirm in here.

Sam and Mike at CdM will be providing food for us. All BOTLs will have access to the private lounge. We will just need to have a way to identify you for access.

We have made sure that we will have a bunch of space/seats reserved for us that day. Hope you, and as many BOTLs possible, can make it!

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Several guys have stayed at the William Tell Inn on Joliet Rd. Within a couple of miles of Casa. If you stay in the city, The Wit is the shit!! Awesome roof-top bar

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Talkin' to the wife about this. The Googles tells me it's about 9.5 hours from Topeka to CdM... long haul. Soooo.... about 3 tanks of gas (maybe 4) and two nights in a hotel room. Hmmmm....

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
This event on Saturday is open to all BOTL that can make it. If you plan to come, try to make sure you confirm in here.

Sam and Mike at CdM will be providing food for us. All BOTLs will have access to the private lounge. We will just need to have a way to identify you for access.

We have made sure that we will have a bunch of space/seats reserved for us that day. Hope you, and as many BOTLs possible, can make it!
I'm going to wear one of those "Hi, may name is...." stickers on my chest. But then I'm gonna put that my name is JDog and just walk around acting like a total douchebag. Now that I think of it...that wouldnt be far from how he acts anyways.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
I don't know if I'm missing something somewhere but I don't see where to go to sign up if the wife gives me the go ahead. A little help here please!!! :razz:

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
No place to sign up. This is just a confirmation thread so that an accurate head-count can be taken. Welcome aboard!

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I'm going to wear one of those "Hi, may name is...." stickers on my chest. But then I'm gonna put that my name is JDog and just walk around acting like a total douchebag. Now that I think of it...that wouldnt be far from how he acts anyways.
I resent that characterization of me... there is also obscene amounts of hard liqour involved, and occasionally I'll do something stupid like where a ridiculous Halloween costume. :rofl:

If you're on the fence about going, jump over it - It will be a great time!