What's new

THE cigar band order INFO!!!!!!

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was gifted some of these bands and the adhesive is just not very good. I'm a big fan of heartfelt products but these IMO just don't do the job very well. I find myself re attaching bands all the time and fussing with them. They just aren't worth the trouble to me so I continue to wait for the next order of the bands on this thread.:ballbounc
I've noticed that too, but I just wet the end a little and it holds fine. I would rather have bands that are easy to take off, rather than bands that stick to the wrapper of prized sticks:eyebrow:

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've noticed that too, but I just wet the end a little and it holds fine. I would rather have bands that are easy to take off, rather than bands that stick to the wrapper of prized sticks:eyebrow:
Umm, yeah. A bit confused by this. The bands I sell, with the very strong adhesive, are designed to have the band stick to the band, not to the cigar. If you are ending up with bands stuck to the wrapper, then you aren't using them right.

For most cigars, if you write on the band, then peel off the tab -- just the tab! -- and place the band around the cigar, the exposed area where the tab was will nicely line up with the other end of the band, and you'll be all set.

If you have a very narrow gauge cigar, you may need to trim the ends of the band, and peel off some additional backing, but again, the adhesive should just touch the cigar. A very wide gauge cigar might require a small bit of paper to "extend" the band. Both of these are unusual.

It's not all that confusing, they work just like regular cigar bands, the only thing holding them together on the cigar is some adhesive that only goes between the two ends of the bands, not the cigars.

Hope this information helps. I guess I just assumed that everyone would automatically know how to use them.

(On the other stuff, I know there are people out there who like the Heartfelt bands, and I also know there are many people out there who like mine. Whatever works for you.)

I don't anticipate doing another order for these until the fall, unless someone steps up and wants a whole pile of them, like 25,000, all of a sudden. If it happens too soon, there won't be enough people who need them to justify the order.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Human Error ... DISREGARD BELOW COMMENT !

It has been few months now and I have been pulling cigars with that extra band. Is it me or those bands are really sticking to the wrapper. 4 out of 5 came off with a wrapper. Granted, I did this before even lighting it but still, I was hoping to see no 'damage' to the wrapper, especially connies.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've used thousands of my bands over the years, and never had a problem.

I'm careful to remove just the adhesive tab -- nothing more -- and make sure that the tab only comes in contact with the paper band -- not any part of the cigar.

Easy peasy.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
As a heads up to anyone who has been following the thread, I've exchanged PMs with jerseyjay and we've sorted things out... he was having some problems with my bands but wasn't applying them correctly.

The adhesive is only supposed to come in contact with the other end of the band. Only peel enough backing off the band -- typically just the peel off tab -- so that the adhesive will hold the band in place.

A few folks have made the error of removing too much of the backing, and allowing the adhesive to be stuck directly to the wrapper of the cigar. This will lead to wrapper damage -- the adhesive is very strong. It is food grade, so if you make this mistake, my recommendation would be to smoke the cigar with the band on -- it shouldn't cause any odd flavors, and obviously since the band isn't being removed, there won't be any damage to the wrapper.

Hope this helps.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
This is a once a year deal. Once the window closes you have to wait till next year
Actually I have leftovers and you can get some from me right away...

http://www.bobramstad.com/BBB/index.html

No worries and apologies for any confusion, yes, I do tend to do batches about once a year, but I often end up with leftovers and sometimes they last a while, sometimes not so long.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Oh, and looking at the original post, it was for blank band buy number seven, in 2011. I stopped using that numbering scheme as it was confusing to people to have the URL changing each time, so now just use the URL above. (I think this is Blank Band Buy X, if we use the Super Bowl method.)

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks for the clarification
No worries, I'm just sorry for any confusion, back in the day I used a new URL for each batch, and that just seemed silly when I moved the hosting to a different provider so I cleaned it up and made it simpler -- but that broke the old URLs. Probably should fix that...

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Yes. As detailed earlier, visit here, fill out the form, and follow the instructions on the next page to send payment.

http://www.bobramstad.com/BBB/

If you are reading this thread later and want to check in with me first, before sending money, that's fine, my email is included on the confirmation page.

Note that people seem to often fill out the form and never send payment... if they do that, they never get bands...