What's new

The Fairtax Book...

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
wasch_24 said:
Can we get this bill passed already!?
I just got my quarterly bonus and 41% :bigeyes: got taken from right under my nose by the current tax system! :angerhead
You may already know this but your bonus is taxed as if that is what you got paid...you will get back the difference between the 41% and what your normal tax bracket is when you file for your 05 taxes. :thumbsup: Still sucks though!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
wasch_24 said:
Yeah, I know. It just sucks...especially since I KNOW the governemnt is collecting interest on it and I will NOT see that in April.
Yep :angerhead

We try to keep out taxes at even or owing a little. Some friends of mine get THOUSANDS back each year. They say "it's like having a savings account", which I NEVER understood. :dunno: You're letting someone else make money off of YOUR money for an entire year? Goofy.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
In that book Boortz talks about how nine times out of ten when he asks people on in his show or that email him what they paid in taxes the prior year they say "None. I actually got a return!" Unbelievable.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
wasch_24 said:
In that book Boortz talks about how nine times out of ten when he asks people on in his show or that email him what they paid in taxes the prior year they say "None. I actually got a return!" Unbelievable.
I always pay in the neighborhood of 500 bucks. I work it out that I get as much of my money up front as possible. Miscalculated last year though and had to pay almost 1300. No Sir Winnies for me after that for a while!!:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
The current income tax system is the sole reason the wife and I HAD to buy a house. With that and a kid, soon to be two :blob:, we were able to get some of our money back last year.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
It's funny when you talk to people about the FairTax that haven't read much about it yet...you almost get, "well...what about the deduction for my house?"

There are so many things that are built into our current tax system that it's going to take people a while to really understand things and to get over the fact that all these "deductions" would no longer matter in the FairTax system.

Talked to my Father in Law about this last night and though he hadn't heard much about it, it was incredibly nice to talk to someone about it who actually grasped alot of what it was about immediately. :thumbsup:

If you haven't read it yet, at least head over to the web site (thoughtfully posted in Todd's sig :wink:) or go out and grab the book. It's certainly at least worth some thought.