What's new

The New Ronson Jetlite

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Got both of mine in... one stopped working after two lights and the 'clicker' mechanism broke as well... tossed it. The other seems to be in good shape. Can't complain for $4

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these two. Look at the other slightly more expensive dual flames ones as well. However, I do like the ronson more.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I have these two. Look at the other slightly more expensive dual flames ones as well. However, I do like the ronson more.

I finally received all 6 that I ordered, the push button seems a little flemsy. But I they light the 1st time and don't get hot while trying to lite a cigar. Yes a ronson is a little more rugged. Overall I'm very pleased and will be buying some more really soon!!!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I ordered 5. They took about a week to come in. They seem cheap, but work OK. I have one that was giving me problems with the ignition system

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
Cigar Cowboy said:
I got screwed on these I guess. I bought 10, 2 worked.

These lighters suck!!!!
I was having issues with mine also until it was pointed out to me that there is an adjustment screw on the bottom where you fill the lighter. Works great after a little tuning, maybe yours are the same case.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having issues with mine also until it was pointed out to me that there is an adjustment screw on the bottom where you fill the lighter. Works great after a little tuning, maybe yours are the same case.
Oh man, that's what I've been missing! Thanks for the tip!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Some answers are really simple. Nice Ish.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little warning to everyone, I used one of these this weekend and it kind of exploded. I used it to touch up a cigar, and then set it down on the tailgate of my car, which had a towel on it and some food and stuff. (We were tailgating for a football game) and a few seconds later it just exploded. I managed to throw the towel on the ground, and extinguish the fire before anything real bad happened. I looked at the lighter and it looked like the tank had popped and all of the fluid lit up. I don't know if it was still burning when I set it down and didn't realize it and then caught the towel and melted the tank, or if it just spontaneously combusted. I just thought I would warn everyone so they didn't have the same thing happen. I had been using this lighter for a couple months with no problems, and I have a few more that I have had no problems with, but everyone should watch out for this so that it doesn't happen to them.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Wow - ty. Would be very interested to know if it was still burning or at least hot enough to ignite the towel....I have different brand jet that tends to stay lit for seconds after letting off the fuel button....dangerous

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Wow - ty. Would be very interested to know if it was still burning or at least hot enough to ignite the towel....I have different brand jet that tends to stay lit for seconds after letting off the fuel button....dangerous
My lighter from dealextreme do this. I just let off the lighter and keep it on the cigar until it stops.

I like the lighters from dealextreme (I've bought 10 of em) but thought I would try one of these too. Looks pretty nice for $4.24 shipped.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Apologies if this is already in the thread, as I just wanted to get this warning out ASAP....

About a year or so ago, a great Brother posted a link to buy Ronsons at literally $1 each.

Unbeknownst to him, the site grabbed and misused everyone's credit card info....Huge mess.

Nobody's fault, and no offense to you, Justin as the company may be 100% legit.

Just looking out for the Brotherhood

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Apologies if this is already in the thread, as I just wanted to get this warning out ASAP....

About a year or so ago, a great Brother posted a link to buy Ronsons at literally $1 each.

Unbeknownst to him, the site grabbed and misused everyone's credit card info....Huge mess.

Nobody's fault, and no offense to you, Justin as the company may be 100% legit.

Just looking out for the Brotherhood
Was it from this same website?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Dont believe so. I bought from them multiple times and never would of recommended them if I had card problems.

Last edited: