What's new

the OE15 Dog Rocket Challenge!!!

SouthernerInSask

© MCMLXI
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just went back through this thread & reading over the reviews again & lmao! You guys did an awesome job on them, im already looking forward to next year, and hopefully even more success with it!

Funny how @multi-useless has been so quiet around here.... That's because he's been plotting and scheming!

Considering that I had forgotten this was even a contest, and that the whole point of this thread was a fun way for Jamie to donate to OE, this is way over the top! Thanks a ton, brother. Except for the JdN I've never had any of these. Looking forward to trying them all!

I've been bombed and my mailbox, or should I say my mother's mailbox, is dead. @multi-useless I cannot believe your kindness and especially the attention in the selection of cigars you sent me. Thank you!
Wow those are awesome hits! Enjoy your smokes guys, I have to agree that yall earned it the hard way lol.

Well done Jamie!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Well done Jamie!
It took all of us to make it happen, brother! Without all you guys, I'd just be a dude with a dumb idea. Besides, I've been slacking - there's still one special package sitting on my kitchen table that hasn't gone out yet... but the final pieces of my nefarious plot are falling into place as we speak. I'm like a 3rd world rogue nation - I have the WMD's, just waiting for the perfect delivery system to arrive. Mwahahahaha.... :D

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

CincySyd

'The $5 limit cigar guy'
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A recent online purchase netted me 20 of some of the 'god-ugliest' Dominican spleefs imaginable! A 'Grab-Bag', they called it. I was grabbin' for a bag, as soon as I opened the package. A barf bag, that is! Actually, a few of the specimens were tolerable. A few more were 'yard-'gar' quality. Even more were just downright upsetting. But without a doubt, the most reprehensible, most laughable, was the one stick in the bag with a recognizable name on the label. Victor Sinclair. We all know the name. We have smoked the vitolas. Some of them are pretty good. Some of them are s0-s0. All of them are inexpensive. Well, this one is downright despicable. Allow me to introduce you to, 'el hippie'. I can imagine the room full of tobacco execs it took to come up with this idea & drive the machine necessary to produce the product for consumption. What on Elohim's green Earth were they thinking? 1st & foremost, who decided to name the thing 'the hippie" & put it on the band in Spanglish? My Yahweh, talk about a non-starter! Now, imagine a 6" sort-of lancero shaped thingy, with a torpedo-like head. The wrapper seems askew. It is lumpy-bumpy, as it struggles to cover what must be mostly air underneath. The main problem, to me, is the fact that the ring gauge can't be much over 10! Less than pencil thin, is the best description I can come up with. Right there those previously mentioned execs should have seen the problems that lay ahead, were they to actually try to bring this dog of an idea to fruition. Did anyone try to smoke one of these things? I have to doubt it, since it is impossible to keep one lit long enough to say , "I smoked an 'el hippie'! Even the few sparse wisps of smoke I could manage after laboriously lighting & relighting this bogey-stogie, were foul beyond comprehension. Stale, overbearing due to the wrapper being 90% of the total amount of tobacco involved. The problem here is that the quality of the wrapper is suspect. Is there such a thing as 'low primings'? I pity the torcedor directed to fill orders for thousands & thousands of these. Based on my experience with two of them, he/she would face an impossible task. There is just physically not enough filler to provide any rigidity, thereby making affixing an outer leaf a frustrating objective. Even after mastering the skills it must have taken to actually construct these, we are left with an precariously thin product that is probably not going to be conducive to staying lit. Unless you use a blow torch, which is dangerous & likely to burn the whole thing to a cinder in a nano second! "What about the draw," you say? Not a problem, since there is no draw. It's like trying to suck a dry pinto bean through a straw that is smaller in diameter than the object you are attempting to move. Physics, gentlemen. One should really not try to defy the laws of that science when building a cigar for general consumption. In summary, never attempt to make a cigar that is thinner than an anorexic supermodel & expect it to burn properly. And for Adonai's sake, if you decide to baptize your 10 ring guage cigar with a moniker like 'the hippie', shouldn't the scant amount of filler involved be 'left-handed' ligeros?

Last edited: