What's new

The Official Cigar Deals Thread

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Not a bad price, I have seen them for 110+/-, Nice Ash has them for 112 w/ the 35% off code but they are currently sold out :crying:

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
They're not allowed to do that code online all the time, it was a short-term deal.

I was told Pete did not like it. Not really sure why, He is still getting his money all the same. What, does it cheapen his product? Not hardly. Each business should be able to sell each product at the price they wish without the maker or distributor telling them what they can and cant charge. If a box cost $100 wholesale and the retailer wants to sell it at $105, then let them. Sounds like someone is trying to manipulate the market.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
hmmm, sorry... Last time I heard that code is always available... I guess until 1000 people use it on the same day lol/

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I was told Pete did not like it. Not really sure why, He is still getting his money all the same. What, does it cheapen his product? Not hardly. Each business should be able to sell each product at the price they wish without the maker or distributor telling them what they can and cant charge. If a box cost $100 wholesale and the retailer wants to sell it at $105, then let them. Sounds like someone is trying to manipulate the market.

I agree with this. But guys like Pete and Dion make deals with their distributors of how much they charge for the sticks, to keep the prices at a premium nation-wide. With low-release cigars, it's easy to do that (you simply only ship cigars to people who play by your rules). Apple uses the same sales model, as do the video game manufacturers. It works well when you can pull it off.

Pete is starting to slacken a bit with the Havana VI line, at least the Nobles seem to be on special pretty often at Holt's, and CI a couple times as well.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
it's a volume thing, from pete's mouth, if someone is seilling 1000 boxes at a crazy cheap price, yes pete is getting his money, but what about the smaller shops who can't hope to sell at that price? he could be a CI exclusive with every single stick going to one online retailer, but this lets us all have a chance to get his cigars, one way or another.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
It hasn't changed since I've been awake 7am

...stand corrected, my computer never refreshed on the CI site.
Yeah, it's not like Monster... you actually have to refresh it. I've made that mistake before! :frownno: