What's new

The Official "Lets see a picture of your dog(s) thread!"

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
We got him at a rescue "showing" outside of a Sams-Club and our lives have been changed ever since.
They got me outside of Petsmart! I just got out to look at the dogs with no intention of adopting one. I saw this one, however, and after speaking with my wife a few times I adopted her that day.

According to the shelter, she's a Shepherd / Terrier mix. Lately she's been so mischievous and getting on my nerves! I love her to death, though, and she's spoiled rotton. I hope this is just the puppy phase and she grows out of it!

I love my dog, and I was raised with pets. However, my wife has never had a pet. She is not very into the whole pet thing, or my dog. She knows how much my dog means to me and supports me, but she has not interest in her. She doesn't want her in the house, wants me to wash my hands any time I play with her, etc... Anyone else in this boat?

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Update: my dog is such a pain in the butt! She's chewing up her dog house and everything else she can get her paws on! Grr, I hope she grows out of it lol

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
My Australian Shepherd's

"Sydney" aka "Syd Vicious" (left) and "Joey" aka "Joe Danger" (right)

Me and my cowdogs

The new pup - "Jax" aka "Jumpin Jax Flash"

He's gonna be a hell of a cowdog

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Update: my dog is such a pain in the butt! She's chewing up her dog house and everything else she can get her paws on! Grr, I hope she grows out of it lol
OK please don't take this wrong. I am not saying you are a bad dog owner. I just know too much about dogs. So I have to throw in my two cents.

Dogs chew for two reasons:

1) They are pups and are teething

2) They are board

You can't cure the 1st one. You just have to wait it out.

The cure for the second one is more walks and more fetch and more walks and more fetch.

If that doesn't work, it means even more of the same.

Example: The number one most abanded dogs are Border Collies. They require about four hours of attention per day (more than any other dog). People that do not have that kind of time think they have a bad dogs. In reality, they are the smartest of all the dog breeds. You just have to have the time for them.

I spend a minimum of two hours a day with my Aussies. My dogs do herding, agility and obedience. The are incredibly smart and never do anything wrong. They know around 50 tricks each and know their toys by name. They even have to put their toys back in their toy chest when they are done playing with them. I dont have children - just dogs and horse so I am afaid I may have gone a little over board with their training.

If anyone ever has a problem with a dog or a horse just ask me. If I don't have the answer, I will find out for you.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Cowboy, since you are in Chatsworth, are you close to Devonshire/Mason? I know they have those horse properties in that area. I used to live there, now my mother-in-law lives right there. She sold her house in Porter Ranch and moved into a townhouse we were renting from her at one time.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Oh yeah, I agree about not spending enough time with the pup. Our Sheltie is only 6 months old and requires quite a bit of time with her. She loves to herd us or the cats around the house.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Cowboy, since you are in Chatsworth, are you close to Devonshire/Mason? I know they have those horse properties in that area. I used to live there, now my mother-in-law lives right there. She sold her house in Porter Ranch and moved into a townhouse we were renting from her at one time.
I live west of Topanga Cyn towards the rocks. I run cows north of the 118 Frwy.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
IMG_0513.jpg

This is my pup, Annie AKA Dervish. She's 6 years old, and the closest breed she resembles is a corgi. When asked what she is, I tell everyone she's a Miniature Dingo. She's the perfect lapdog, and her bark is much worse than her bite!

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Oh yeah, I agree about not spending enough time with the pup. Our Sheltie is only 6 months old and requires quite a bit of time with her. She loves to herd us or the cats around the house.
Yeah Shelties are part of the Herding Class. Most all of the Herding Class require lots of play time. We are considering a 4th dog and might get a Polish Lowland Sheepdog this time. We have always had Aussies.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I live west of Topanga Cyn towards the rocks. I run cows north of the 118 Frwy.
Aha! So those are YOUR cows! :hysterica Dude you are close. We really need to grab a stick or two. You ever head over to T.O. to Old Oak?

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Aha! So those are YOUR cows! :hysterica Dude you are close. We really need to grab a stick or two. You ever head over to T.O. to Old Oak?
I usually smoke at the White Harte Pub on Ventura Blvd in Woodland Hills. I like a Scotch and a Guinness with my smoke. That is pretty close to you isn't it?

Do you have a good place in T.O.?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
A couple of weeks after our wedding, my wife and I decided to adopt a senior dog. We found a group called Muttville which picks up surrendered senior dogs from pounds and shelters around SF and fosters them out to volunteers and friends of the program. When we met Walter 6 months ago he fell in love with us as we did with him. He was recently surrendered 3 weeks before we met him, and had to get 14 teeth pulled out. He's a 10 yr old Dachshund/Beagle mix (as far as we know) that's still full of energy. He doesn't fetch or play much unless he sees a can of food roll by, lol. What gets to me is how someone can just surrender a pet after they've had him for 10 years? I'm just glad we were able to give him a home and family to enjoy during his golden years. Oh, and since we didn't want to change the name he came with to keep with consistency, we opted to give him a middle name: Chorizo

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
OK please don't take this wrong. I am not saying you are a bad dog owner. I just know too much about dogs. So I have to throw in my two cents.

Dogs chew for two reasons:

1) They are pups and are teething

2) They are board

You can't cure the 1st one. You just have to wait it out.

The cure for the second one is more walks and more fetch and more walks and more fetch.

If that doesn't work, it means even more of the same.

Example: The number one most abanded dogs are Border Collies. They require about four hours of attention per day (more than any other dog). People that do not have that kind of time think they have a bad dogs. In reality, they are the smartest of all the dog breeds. You just have to have the time for them.

I spend a minimum of two hours a day with my Aussies. My dogs do herding, agility and obedience. The are incredibly smart and never do anything wrong. They know around 50 tricks each and know their toys by name. They even have to put their toys back in their toy chest when they are done playing with them. I dont have children - just dogs and horse so I am afaid I may have gone a little over board with their training.

If anyone ever has a problem with a dog or a horse just ask me. If I don't have the answer, I will find out for you.

Yeah there's no doubt it's boredom, thats actually what I was telling my wife. However, working 13+ hour days, plus over an hour travel time... I love my dog to death but it just gets overwhelming sometimes. We play fetch till she's sick of it when I can though! My days off I do my best to spend all my time outside with her, but I can only do so much ya know? Thanks for the input!