What's new

The "Official Show Your Coolidor" Thread

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
I'm hoping I got the right litter, does anyone have a pic of what they bought at Petsmart? Was this the right stuff?

That's the right stuff!

Either that one or the mimi litter from WalMart are the preferred brands
Good, cause nowhere does it say anything about having a scent but it does smell a tiny bit scented.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Lot's of great info in here. I have a question about temps inside your coolers, what should be the average temp inside a cooler?

I decided to try out a fan in my mini wineador that was way too big just to try out and the heat from the motor spiked up the temp to about 82*.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Lot's of great info in here. I have a question about temps inside your coolers, what should be the average temp inside a cooler?

I decided to try out a fan in my mini wineador that was way too big just to try out and the heat from the motor spiked up the temp to about 82*.
I try not to let mine get over 70 and keep it above 60.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Okay, I've noticed that my tuperdor stays at about 74. How can you keep the temps down? My tuperdor stays in my closet and the wineador will be in the garage.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Okay, I've noticed that my tuperdor stays at about 74. How can you keep the temps down? My tuperdor stays in my closet and the wineador will be in the garage.
I keep mine in my basement. I read beetles love 74 and above. Should you not have a basement as an option then cooling it down might be tough unless you use your Ac all the time

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I keep mine in my basement. I read beetles love 74 and above. Should you not have a basement as an option then cooling it down might be tough unless you use your Ac all the time
I just had this thought and I don't know how feasible it would be to actually implement it - but if you don't have a basement and live in hotter climates (or your Summers are unbearably hot), I wonder if you could use a wort chiller that home brewers use to keep their wort at a cooler temperature?

Since the cooler is well insulated, building your own chilling system on the outside may not be an option but if you were to cut an entrance and exit hole in through the cooler to run the copper pipe and then seal it well, it could just work.

For those who are not familiar with wort chillers: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/brewing-equipment/wort-chillers

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I just had this thought and I don't know how feasible it would be to actually implement it - but if you don't have a basement and live in hotter climates (or your Summers are unbearably hot), I wonder if you could use a wort chiller that home brewers use to keep their wort at a cooler temperature?

Since the cooler is well insulated, building your own chilling system on the outside may not be an option but if you were to cut an entrance and exit hole in through the cooler to run the copper pipe and then seal it well, it could just work.

For those who are not familiar with wort chillers: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/brewing-equipment/wort-chillers
Cool idea, but pricey. Might warrant the wine ador! :)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing (about the price).

Although, with a new wine fridge, you could just plug it in <grin>

I'm really fortunate that I have a basement that gets as cold as 63 in the Winter and as hot as 68 in the Summer, so it's not an issue for me.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing (about the price).

Although, with a new wine fridge, you could just plug it in <grin>

I'm really fortunate that I have a basement that gets as cold as 63 in the Winter and as hot as 68 in the Summer, so it's not an issue for me.
Love the Midwest!

You might need a wine ador by end of March Rob :)