What's new

The "Official Show Your Coolidor" Thread

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This looks like a great idea.....I got a question though, would the cedar pull the moisture from the beads causing the cedar to be wet?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I used the coffin/KL combo for about a year (recently switched to an active system).. and never had a problem or an issue with the cedar being "wet"... it would get a little damp when I would spray the KL.. but the coffin would promptly soak up the water and be dry to the touch in a very short period of time...

I was extremely happy using coffins to hold my RH media.. I think it looks nice inside the cabinet (fits in with all the other boxes).. holds just about the right amount needed per shelf, etc..etc..

The only reason I switched to active was space... Ive now got 1 small active unit in the bottom of the cabinet, and another small active unit near the top.. and Im covered.. where with coffins and KL I had a box on every shelf (7)..

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Love the Coffins StogieNinja!!!!! you no where a guy could get a few empty ones?
When the marketplace opens up to you, you can post an ISO. That's probably your best bet. I've posted several over the past three years and that's where I've gotten mine. Pretty much any coffin with a slide lid will work, and I use needlepoint backing for the mesh lid.

Most available coffins are probably the Liberties, Opus X, and TAAs. There are a number of others out there though. I prefer the Culebras and TAAs because they're a bit wider than the Opus or Liberties so there's more open surface area = quicker recovery.

Now, to get this thread back on track:

Here's my little 28qt Coolidor:

It just has a tray of KL on the bottom and four of the $10 cheaphumidors trays. Works for misc singles quite nicely.

Last edited:

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
48qt igloo.

The 88 cent walmart tupperwares fit perfectly and hang on the lip of the cooler like a built in shelf.

I use to coffins of Mimi litter. Holds at 62 closed and about 60 when I sit there with it open being indecisive about what to smoke lol.

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
48qt igloo.

The 88 cent walmart tupperwares fit perfectly and hang on the lip of the cooler like a built in shelf.

I use to coffins of Mimi litter. Holds at 62 closed and about 60 when I sit there with it open being indecisive about what to smoke lol.
Yours looks pretty good man, Think I might start one of these soon. I'm gonna start trying to get more boxes than singles and the coolerdoor seems the way to go.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
48qt igloo.

Yours looks pretty good man, Think I might start one of these soon. I'm gonna start trying to get more boxes than singles and the coolerdoor seems the way to go.
Thanks. Yeah I have mostly singles but in general I found the coolidor to be perfect for me. Not crazy expensive and I can store boxes just as easily as singles.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
Finally moved in, it's a bit worrisome that I had a little trouble fitting everything. Good thing I played a crap load of Tetris.

Two questions that I couldn't find exact answers to:

1. Is five coffins full and one Four Kicks CG box full of KL enough for this setup?

2. Do I have to immediately spray the KL or is okay dry to start?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
That's nice! You'll want to get the KL wet. If it's dry it'll just suck the moisture out of the boxes and atmosphere. Definitely spray it all down well. If after 24 hrs the rh is high, add some dry KL. If it's low, spray a bit more.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
That's nice! You'll want to get the KL wet. If it's dry it'll just suck the moisture out of the boxes and atmosphere. Definitely spray it all down well. If after 24 hrs the rh is high, add some dry KL. If it's low, spray a bit more.
Should I spray while it's in the coffins/box or take it out, spray and put back into coffins? 5 or 6 sprays with the spritz bottle?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Just spray the KL in the coffins is fine. Spray until they start to turn a bit translucent.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've been holding steady at 62 RH now that I got it situated. I love it. Everything is perfect and there is no real thought to it. At first you may feel like you keep having to spray it to maintain, but once you get it steady your pretty well done.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I'm hoping I got the right litter, does anyone have a pic of what they bought at Petsmart? Was this the right stuff?

That's the right stuff!

Either that one or the mimi litter from WalMart are the preferred brands