What's new

The Shred Thread

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I grew up working my grandfather's vineyards and making wine. The best work I've ever done. I surfed various beaches from the south to north of Bodega Bay growing up. Such amazing country! Still is, but way to many people. Sebastapol is awesome! They have one of the best skateparks in NorCal imho. That's rad that you've spent time in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Back in 2013 when I was racing paddleboards. I was prepping for the summer race series in Tahoe and was putting in miles every day. I never got any firsts but it paid off nonetheless. It was about 39 degrees on this day cuz of cloud cover, which was nice.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
That's a job very few can say they've done, working a vineyard. Think I'd drink a lot more than I processed. Your grand pappy's profits would have gone to shit with me on board.
You're a brave soul to surf the areas you did. A surfer's profile looks just like a seal's from underneath.
I'm guessing you wore a 6/5/4mm hooded in those frigid waters?
If a seal so much as grazed my leg while boarding (sponge head) I was outta there! Kelp also had that same effect.
Yeah, i'm a puss.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That's a job very few can say they've done, working a vineyard. Think I'd drink a lot more than I processed. Your grand pappy's profits would have gone to shit with me on board.
You're a brave soul to surf the areas you did. A surfer's profile looks just like a seal's from underneath.
I'm guessing you wore a 6/5/4mm hooded in those frigid waters?
If a seal so much as grazed my leg while boarding (sponge head) I was outta there! Kelp also had that same effect.
Yeah, i'm a puss.
It was hard work and very hot! I started when I was 8 years old and stopped when I was 19. Those years are so dear to me. Because of back problems I rode the Sponge about half the time. It doesn't matter how you slide across the water as long as your having fun. Lots of sharks out there but never had an incident. Just harbor seals popping their heads out of the water and scaring the shit out of me.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Yeah, I completely understand. Memories like that are a treasure. Working for your grandfather only adds to the stock's value.

Funny, I'm not afraid of sharks.
... It's the 'not seeing it coming' that scares the piss outta me.

Morro Bay had a few scares during my school days, but no deaths.
Think a kid got his leg bit or something.
We all got bumped by seals. Those damn things simply don't understand personal space.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yeah, I completely understand. Memories like that are a treasure. Working for your grandfather only adds to the stock's value.

Funny, I'm not afraid of sharks.
... It's the 'not seeing it coming' that scares the piss outta me.

Morro Bay had a few scares during my school days, but no deaths.
Think a kid got his leg bit or something.
We all got bumped by seals. Those damn things simply don't understand personal space.
No they don't. They are just like dogs, "Come pet me" or "Throw me a stick, I wanna be your friend". :giggle:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Fishing adventures...this first pic is of a little fishing near the pass right before a BRUTAL storm blew in. Ever seen it rain so hard that there is water sitting on top of sand? Had to drive through a hole with water up to the headlights to get back out...

We fled to the bay where little man caught his first Redfish and a variety of the usual suspects...croaker, gafftop, whiting.

Different trip. Didn't fish, but should have since this about as clear as it gets round these parts.

Little bullhead. Guys are hardcore...this was me demonstrating how they bite ya.

Took a pic of this throwback trout because it had awesome rainbow coloration, but it didn't come through in the picture.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow!!! Beautiful photos! That beach looks really nice. Some good looking fish there too. Looks like the one your son got has its tongue sticking out. That fish just wanted you guys to know that is was officially dead.:LOL: Looks like you guys had a great time!(y)(y)
Hah! Nah that pink stuff is actually the bait haha. It's this stuff called Fish Bites. Looks like little sticks of gum and comes in shrimp and crab scents. It is super handy for those occasions when I'm too lazy to buy live bait. I catch and release 95% of the fish I catch. Will occasionally keep one for bait or to eat, but mostly I just like to look at them and throw them back to fight again!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Do you know where Sierraville is? It's a half hour north of Truckee on Hwy 89. That's where I reside now after living in Truckee for many years. Truckee is so exploited now. I just call it Suckee. We had to get out. The Sierra Valley is like Truckee was 40+ years ago...Old School. I love it!
If you gotta live in California, you chose a great spot

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
If you gotta live in California, you chose a great spot
That I did, but the yuppy tide has washed ashore, even out here in Hickville. The old school way is slowly going away. The cowboys and cattle are slowly being pushed out. I am glad that I don't live in LA, SF/Bay area, or Sacramento though.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice!!! What kind of fish is that?
Those are Red Drum aka Redfish. They put up a heck of a fight and are absolutely delicious! Though if I'm honest, folks over in @Boudie 's neck of the woods can cook circles around any place in Texas when it comes to redfish (and many things really). Now I REALLY want a big plate of redfish smothered with crawfish tails...

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Those are Red Drum aka Redfish. They put up a heck of a fight and are absolutely delicious! Though if I'm honest, folks over in @Boudie 's neck of the woods can cook circles around any place in Texas when it comes to redfish (and many things really). Now I REALLY want a big plate of redfish smothered with crawfish tails...
Awwww man that sounds tasty!!!