What's new

The "unlucky" 13 retailers

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
All the hoopla around this release just shows how successful Pete has been with Tatuaje. Definitely the hottest shit going right now. Props!

No need for overreactions at this point, it's not even Halloween yet! I doubt any of us that wants these is going to get shut-out, it's just going to take a little time making phone calls and such during the week of Halloween.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
All the hoopla around this release just shows how successful Pete has been with Tatuaje. Definitely the hottest shit going right now. Props!

No need for overreactions at this point, it's not even Halloween yet! I doubt any of us that wants these is going to get shut-out, it's just going to take a little time making phone calls and such during the week of Halloween.
Patrick no offense but its not a overeaction for many brothers here that support one of the best if not the best manufacture of cigars is the world. Having said this there are a ton of guys that have spent a small fortune(I included) that got boned today by many small b&ms that took it "in there hands" to make there own rules today. I had luck with 1 today that sold me a box of Boris but couldnt sell any Dracs. I would like to think were just a little frustrated with the whole thing today. We're not blaming Pete but I will be making a note of any retailers in the future to ban purchases from that stiffed brothers like Hendy today. I can't drive 5hrs as well as Scott to be told sorry im out on the 31st. Maybe well all get a box or close to 1 on the 31st(we can only hope) But it is indeed frustrating knowing that I have 20+ boxes of tats in my humi but some guy in Iowa who smokes Gurhkas just bought a box because his retailer wants to sell him more Gurhkas.
Frustating a day indeed. P.s. I am smoking my last Frank w some of the greatest botlers in the world at my local right now just to bring me back to reality.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
It was a choice to do the release this way, it wasn't an accident on Pete's part. It was intentional to give so many sticks to small B&Ms. This allowed:

1) The small Tatuaje-selling shops to get a "special" item instead of only the big boys. They get to enjoy it, talk about it, generate buzz, etc. This is great for those local shops, and hopefully most of them will know what they are getting and take full advantage of it

2) I'd guess that as many as FIVE TIMES as many people will get the chance to smoke one Drac cigar this way, as opposed to offering more boxes to the hard-core fans, since so many will be sold "limit-1" at shops, etc. This is a great opportunity to get the special product into more hands, and maybe convert a few more people.

Unfortunately, doing the release this way has a pretty huge downside as well:

1) The hard-core Tatuaje supporters (i.e. the fans who buy boxes and boxes of Tatuaje product and who made them the hottest brand in America) are largely out of luck. I'd be very suprised of even 500 boxes of Dracs make it into the wild (meaning anyone can get a box). That's an extremely small number given the demand of these cigars.

Judging just by this board, there are going to be a LOT of the hard-core Tatuaje base that feel left out on the Drac. They might get a single stick or 3--but they wanted a box.

Whether it's better to make the small shops happy and to get the Drac into a larger number of hands OR to make the fans happy--that's up for debate. But the decision was made, and now it's done.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Guys, This is getting a bit out of control. There is no easy way to allocate these cigars. I had no idea that the buzz was going to be like this. I picked over 200 retailers this year and every store on that list is getting at least 1 or 2 boxes. Let the buzz die down and check your local store the Monday or Tuesday of Halloween.

We are just lucky that we don't have to sleep outside a store for a week to wait for a Limited Edition T-shirt to release from Johnny Cupcakes. Us cigar guys are way too spoiled for that stuff....

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Guys, This is getting a bit out of control. There is no easy way to allocate these cigars. I had no idea that the buzz was going to be like this. I picked over 200 retailers this year and every store on that list is getting at least 1 or 2 boxes. Let the buzz die down and check your local store the Monday or Tuesday of Halloween.

We are just lucky that we don't have to sleep outside a store for a week to wait for a Limited Edition T-shirt to release from Johnny Cupcakes. Us cigar guys are way too spoiled for that stuff....
:razz::razz::razz::razz:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Shit, it's *MUCH* worse waiting for new Jordans. You gotta camp out for days...and then, after doing that, you're probably still not gonna get any.

LOL!

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Pete,

Just so you know, I would probably take a week off work and camp in a line for a few boxes of limited release.

Maybe next year? :p

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this goes into the "you cant please everyone all the time" category.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Fuck it....Next year I am keeping all the boxes for myself to sell direct from the Los Angeles showroom. First come first served, must be present to purchase a box. Limit 3 boxes per customer. So you will have to camp out in front of my office for a few days to get the low numbers.....

This is a great way to make everyone hate me. My retailers and the consumers and brand supporters.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I look at it this way. The Frank had 666 boxes made. The Dracs have 1300 boxes. More boxes, so people will get more out there. No idea of how many Pete is releasing to the Unlucky 13, Maybe its the same as last time, 50 per store, I have no idea. But there is still over 600 boxes that go to other stores, which gives everyone a chance. Add in the fact that the Boris is being released too. Lot's of cigars to make ashes with.

Also, it's been a year since the Frank was released. Alot of people didn't even get to try one. Wiht all the praise, of course there is going to be a higher demand. This is not the only board that has been awaiting the release for months. I'm as big as a Tat whore as anyone else and have been waiting on the release just like anyone else. I have no boxes either, but I am still shaking the trees to see what falls.

It's like the Opus release. I live in California. We don't get that many out here and if we do they are so overpriced I would rather spend my money on other cigars. Texas seems to get a Lion's share of them. No one is irritated that this, but Opus' are a special release cigar too.

How a B&M sells them is there deal, unless Pete specifically had instructions. Based on all that has been reported that have been printed, I think there were no stipulations. So not everyone is going to be happy and some will be. I think some of the marketing ideas on selling this is very cool. A Scavenger hunt. Great idea imho. When it's all said and done, it is about making money and how you do that is your business.

I know some people are disappointed, but have patience and trust your online family. The share always gets shared on this board. Everyone just relax and see what happens.

Respectfully,

Bill

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm involved with collecting some pretty high-end golf items and have participated in years of releases similar to the Monster series. Some of which are runs of 10, 50, 100, on up to 200X dependent on the year(2009 this year, for example). I will say that in the end, I seriously doubt the hardcore fans here are going to be left holding the bag when all is said and done over the next few months. They might be a little harder to get than previously thought, but with a little effort on the part of the individuals things will pan out ok. With the hottest thing going in the cigar world and so many fans, there is no way to please everyone all the time.

There were only 200 boxes of many of Pete's releases and I think that 99% of people that wanted some got them.

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not picked as a Frank retailer last year but I did not bitch, I barely found some to buy retail and was happy when I did but if I did not get any so be it. I was lucky enough this year but how the hell can you be pissed at Pete directly for your fortune. Be irritated if you get none, fine, but be pissed at the scenario but not the guy.
Sometimes you are the bug sometimes you are the windshield.

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
With the quality of the product you produce, you'll never have to worry about losing support.

You can never please everyone...

The brothers here can and will help each other out.

I can also list probably 10 people on here that would take time off work and camp out in front of your office! :) I would be one of them.

Your products are honestly as good as it gets. If I could smoke one cigar before I knew it was the end, it would probably be a noella reserva, or a regios.

Fuck it....Next year I am keeping all the boxes for myself to sell direct from the Los Angeles showroom. First come first served, must be present to purchase a box. Limit 3 boxes per customer. So you will have to camp out in front of my office for a few days to get the low numbers.....

This is a great way to make everyone hate me. My retailers and the consumers and brand supporters.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I'm involved with collecting some pretty high-end golf items and have participated in years of releases similar to the Monster series. Some of which are runs of 10, 50, 100, on up to 200X dependent on the year(2009 this year, for example). I will say that in the end, I seriously doubt the hardcore fans here are going to be left holding the bag when all is said and done over the next few months. They might be a little harder to get than previously thought, but with a little effort on the part of the individuals things will pan out ok. With the hottest thing going in the cigar world and so many fans, there is no way to please everyone all the time.

There were only 200 boxes of many of Pete's releases and I think that 99% of people that wanted some got them.

Point to the Thermonuclears. hehe.. Now we gots the T110..