What's new

The "unlucky" 13 retailers

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I look at it this way. The Frank had 666 boxes made. The Dracs have 1300 boxes. More boxes, so people will get more out there. No idea of how many Pete is releasing to the Unlucky 13, Maybe its the same as last time, 50 per store, I have no idea. But there is still over 600 boxes that go to other stores, which gives everyone a chance. Add in the fact that the Boris is being released too. Lot's of cigars to make ashes with.

Also, it's been a year since the Frank was released. Alot of people didn't even get to try one. Wiht all the praise, of course there is going to be a higher demand. This is not the only board that has been awaiting the release for months. I'm as big as a Tat whore as anyone else and have been waiting on the release just like anyone else. I have no boxes either, but I am still shaking the trees to see what falls.

It's like the Opus release. I live in California. We don't get that many out here and if we do they are so overpriced I would rather spend my money on other cigars. Texas seems to get a Lion's share of them. No one is irritated that this, but Opus' are a special release cigar too.

How a B&M sells them is there deal, unless Pete specifically had instructions. Based on all that has been reported that have been printed, I think there were no stipulations. So not everyone is going to be happy and some will be. I think some of the marketing ideas on selling this is very cool. A Scavenger hunt. Great idea imho. When it's all said and done, it is about making money and how you do that is your business.

I know some people are disappointed, but have patience and trust your online family. The share always gets shared on this board. Everyone just relax and see what happens.

Respectfully,

Bill
AB, it's 31 per store this year.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
aw pete, you know what a bunch of whiners we all are. and let's face it, if it wasn't something so many people wanted, they wouldn't give a shit about who got what where.
you can't really control what the retailers do. it's like concert tickets. there are only so many, fans buy some, scalpers buy some,etc.
life ain't always fair.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Disapointed yes mad not 1 bit. There is no right way this could be done to serve everyone. I will be driving 3hrs on 31st to try and get a few to take care of some bros at my b&m and on here. Its the only way to take care of all the botlers! Thats all! Wouldnt see it any other way!

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Scott, What did I do?

If you look on the list, you will see that the store near your house is getting an allocation. I know you buy from them sometimes. There are a few retailers not too far from you that are getting some boxes....I am sure you will find them when they get to the stores the week of Halloween.....

Since I did not get any of the Franks last year, I am just wondering how hard it will be to acquire some of this years selection? Do I need to scour the globe in search of some?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Fuck it....Next year I am keeping all the boxes for myself to sell direct from the Los Angeles showroom. First come first served, must be present to purchase a box. Limit 3 boxes per customer. So you will have to camp out in front of my office for a few days to get the low numbers.....

This is a great way to make everyone hate me. My retailers and the consumers and brand supporters.
Just to clarify, I'm not mad at ya, Pete. You chose to do a solid for the shops that sell your stuff, I respect that. I'm just a greedy bugger who wanted a box or two to myself, that's all :riflefire

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Just to clarify, I'm not mad at ya, Pete. You chose to do a solid for the shops that sell your stuff, I respect that. I'm just a greedy bugger who wanted a box or two to myself, that's all :riflefire
No one should be upset with Pete or the shops he picked, they just like Pete are running a business not a friend gathering camp. I have no problem at how things are being done, and if I did it would not matter.

I am only surprised that in a city like Vegas only about three shops carry his sticks, and the ones that do, don't carry a large selection by any measure. That is why I buy most of his crack sticks online.

Now can everyone quit bitching. Again if you get some great, and if not, keep in mind it is only a cigar.

Last edited:

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Oh and just a side note,

if you have three boxes each of the Dracs, Boris, Red Tubos, and Black Tubos let me know, I have a kidney up for trade.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Say you only end up with 2 or 3 sticks...won't that make those something very special to you?

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Fuck it....Next year I am keeping all the boxes for myself to sell direct from the Los Angeles showroom. First come first served, must be present to purchase a box. Limit 3 boxes per customer. So you will have to camp out in front of my office for a few days to get the low numbers.....

This is a great way to make everyone hate me. My retailers and the consumers and brand supporters.

Yeah baby! Road trip to Los Angeles next year! Chuck, can I sleep at your house?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Scott, What did I do?

If you look on the list, you will see that the store near your house is getting an allocation. I know you buy from them sometimes. There are a few retailers not too far from you that are getting some boxes....I am sure you will find them when they get to the stores the week of Halloween.....
You did nothing but what you do. Put smiles on a lot of cigar muggs. Please see my apology.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Am I the only guy on the forum that's not trying to get a box?
Umm . . . NO!

Some of you guys need to grow up. It's just a friggin' cigar!!!!! If I get some, great, if not I'll live. Quit your friggin' bitchin' and deal with it.

Pete, I'm really going to try to come out to Smoke Signals on the first and hopefully I'll get some of these, but if not it will be great to meet up with you either way.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Did I say "I am a DICK" for starting this yet. Because I am. Can't say how much I regret my actions today.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

sounds good to me im already in california... :smokingme

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Umm . . . NO!

Some of you guys need to grow up. It's just a friggin' cigar!!!!! If I get some, great, if not I'll live. Quit your friggin' bitchin' and deal with it.

Pete, I'm really going to try to come out to Smoke Signals on the first and hopefully I'll get some of these, but if not it will be great to meet up with you either way.
Werd Kevin! I'm on zero lists despite calling a few shops. I'll drive to the nearest store to see if I get lucky and nab a few. If not, so be it.