What's new

Things that Make Me Feel Old

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The first time I ever felt "old", I was actually pretty young. It was the first time that Playboy's Playmate of the Month was younger than I was.

Now, when all the coworkers they were hiring look at me like I'm crazy when I quote lines from "Fast Times", "The Godfather", "Outlaw Josey Wales", etc, and tell me they've never seen any of those movies.

But all I really need to do is hear the first three lines of "Dream On"... :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
My "age" is all over the map:
Chronologically I'm solidly middle age.
Emotionally I'm 16 (wife says 12)
Physically (miles on the odometer) I'm about 108
But... The one thing sure to make me "feel" old is trying to read a menu in a restaurant.:shifty: "Why is it so @$%&! dark in here?"
"Honey, (pointing to the appetizers) what comes with the steak?"

Push menu all the way across the table: (squinting at the gratuity policy) "the list of sides looks good"

Waitress comes
over and asks if we're ready:
"Umm, sure... (Gesture vaguely at the salad choices) I'll take a burger"

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
My "age" is all over the map:
Chronologically I'm solidly middle age.
Emotionally I'm 16 (wife says 12)
Physically (miles on the odometer) I'm about 108
But... The one thing sure to make me "feel" old is trying to read a menu in a restaurant.:shifty: "Why is it so @$%&! dark in here?"
"Honey, (pointing to the appetizers) what comes with the steak?"

Push menu all the way across the table: (squinting at the gratuity policy) "the list of sides looks good"

Waitress comes
over and asks if we're ready:
"Umm, sure... (Gesture vaguely at the salad choices) I'll take a burger"
Spot on! :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure I can add to this list, but for now I will just tell a short story:

I don't have cable in my upstairs bedroom, just antenna tv, well when I brush my teeth in the morning I always turn on the tv to check out the weather, but this was last Sunday, and it was preachers on tv telling me how evil I am, so I was flipping channels when I came across a station called LAFF, and low and behold there's Huey Lewis on a movie, and not THE PLAYER (for which he donned his birthday suite, and @bwhite220 he may just put you to shame......hey, I've heard rumors, that's all) .....so anyway back to Huey on the tv, so I asked the wife "Is that Huey Lewis???" (I'll add, I am a HUGE HL fan, so is the wife.....one "our" song is by the man....sorry just a bit of a back story....you care, I know) I'm quite excited, because I don't know any other films than Back To The Future & The Player that Huey has been in (NO, HE IS NOT IN DIE HARD........JESUS!!!!!) So, she replies with she doesn't know, and I say "Well I have to wait until he speaks to know for sure, since Huey has a deep voice." Huey on the tv speaks, but it's like one word and I kinda cock my ear like a dog and go "no, that's not Huey." He speaks again, again the ear thing.........."Maybe it is....I can't tell." He keeps talking....."IT IS HUEY!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! What movie is this?"

Just then the camera pans up, and it's Gweneth Paltrow coming down this staircase, so again I'm like "What the hell movie is this???!!!!!!" I'm almost hyperventilating now. I look at the wife and I see her fingers very rapidly pressing on her phone. She yells "I'm working on it!!!!" She says "Yep, it is Huey Lewis." She then proceeds to tell me the name of the movie (I have already forgot it, sorry this was Sunday, and I'm old). Then she says " I didn't know Huey Lewis looked like that." I said "What? You don't know what Huey looks like?" "No, I've never seen him before." I am now crushed, the woman I love, and share a Huey Lewis song with has NO IDEA what he looks like........she was born in 1981, how is that possible? Mtv was still a thing when she was a kid.

That was one time I realized I was old.
Movie is called Duets :) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134630/

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
When I drop something on the ground, I take a moment to decide how important it is to me. I do this because I know it will take approximately 20 minutes for me to go through the process of picking it up. Sometimes, whatever it is that I dropped, isn't worth the 20 minutes.
Indeed. Pennies, nickels and even dimes no longer make the cut. :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 92.9%
20   1   0
  • I still have a CD binder in my truck in which I actively use.
My wife was actually devastated recently when her cassettes that she plays regularly in her preschool class finally started giving out. We've started looking for replacements.

Rating - 92.9%
20   1   0
Don’t give up!! Check Amazon, you’d be stunned what they have on vinyl and cassette.
I've actually been a little surprised at my inability to find replacements - like I said, these were for her classroom. They were teaching/learning songs. I expected to just look them up on teaching websites and order them. They keep that stuff forever. But nope. And yeah, I've tried Amazon, and a few others.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0