What's new

This years pepper plants 2015

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Man you guys have some great looking peppers and plants. We may have to work out some sort of trade for next year, maybe sticks for seeds?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
First ripe pepper of the season. 7 pot bubblegum. I think on every plant there are different pods if you get an unstable cross. The pheno of this pod is like a regular habanero while others ( that have the proper phenotype for this pepper) look more squat and have the pimply skin. Regardless it was friggin hot! I diced it up into 1cm squares and ate it raw with curry last night. Finished about 3/4 of the pepper and called it quits lol. I have one mature pepper on each of my other three plants....more pepper reviews to come lol.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
2 more ripe peppers.

Jamacian red
I ate this one bit by bit munching on the whole pepper with tacos last night. It has a lot of fruit flavor and is the least hot of the bunch! Grow them every year.

Trinidad scorpion
I know better and cut the front scorpion tail part off and then cut that into small chunks. Ate this with curry. Smells like napalm and fuel, a little fruit taste, then total instant burn! Whoa...

Just two more to try and then I will have worked my way through all five varieties I planted :)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
More pepper pix. These are the new variety this year, Jamaican red habanero. Super huge pods, great floral taste and smell with only a little bit of heat on the front end that dissipates quickly. This is the perfect Habanero, will be growing these again next season. Only one more pepper to try of the Reginas Redhots and then I will have tried all of em...might be awhile for that post as the peppers are still not showing any color.

Sent from my iPad

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys these peppers look sick!
Does anyone know where i can get seeds for these shipped overseas(europe)! I can't get variety like this here..

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Guys these peppers look sick!
Does anyone know where i can get seeds for these shipped overseas(europe)! I can't get variety like this here..
I don't know if he ships overseas but try out this guy... http://www.pepperjoe.com
He's got legit seeds and has been in the business for a while. He also has a great variety of tomatoes.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
nice pods. i should have some c. reapers and c. c. reapers in the next few weeks. tried many others from seed, and they all died in the process. brutal nj storms with no protection didn't help. jalapenos and thai chili peppers have been coming in like crazy though. decided to dehydrate the jalapeno with seeds, and turned most into powder. holy hell, i never knew jalapenos were this hot. (i must've only had pickled jalapenos in my life before, apparently) went with bakerspeppers for a second sfrb of superhots for now. and dave, i'll send ya some fresh superhots when this batch arrives. i don't remember what i ordered. (ordered months ago)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0

First time making this stuff. Love it when we are in cozumel and got this recipe from our Mexican friend. Pretty simple to make, and good on about anything!

10 tomatillos roasted
1 garlic piece roasted
1 slice onion roasted
1 handful cilantro
Salt
As many or few peppers as you like.
Put everything in vitamix and blend away.

I have also seen the addition of an avocado, which makes it even yummier, but you can't store it that long. Small jar has the whole pepper in it..big jar is mild :)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

First time making this stuff. Love it when we are in cozumel and got this recipe from our Mexican friend. Pretty simple to make, and good on about anything!

10 tomatillos roasted
1 garlic piece roasted
1 slice onion roasted
1 handful cilantro
Salt
As many or few peppers as you like.
Put everything in vitamix and blend away.

I have also seen the addition of an avocado, which makes it even yummier, but you can't store it that long. Small jar has the whole pepper in it..big jar is mild :)
Brother, that looks awesome! Peppers would be the way to go for me.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Awesome thread. Huge pepperhead here too. I didnt do a lot this year but I did about 30 plants last year to see what does well in this Texas heat. Going to jump back on next year I think. I have a scotch bonnet now that has held up REALLY well as long as I provide it some shade. How did you like that VegTrug as opposed to just using pots? Great looking peppers man- those jamaican habs look delicious lol

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Salsa rojo...

Well the green tomatillo sauce is gone so time for the red version. Big jar is mild with a small piece of scorpion pepper. Small jar has the rest of it and is smmmmoking hot. The recipe is very similar to the last one and came, again, from my friend Blanca.

10 tomatillos roasted
10 guajillo peppers seeded and rehydrated in boiling water for 10 min
3-4 pieces of garlic roasted
Bigger slice of onion roasted
Salt
Oregano

Sent from my iPad