What's new

Thoughts on Warped & Crowned Heads

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
First off, try them all. Both brands are well made and top notch. everyone has a different palate, so the cigar I might enjoy, someone else might not. Never let someone discourage from trying a differnt cigar just because they don't care for it. To me, that's a shame to do.

Most of the Warped cigars I've tried have been good, so you shouldn't go wrong th the,.

I really enjoy the Jericho Hills and the other CH stuff. The Tennessee waltz didn't fit in my flavor profile, but still was a good cigar. But, again, I wouldn't know about these cigars if I didn't try them and find the ones I enjoy. That's all that matters anyways,

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
First off, try them all. Both brands are well made and top notch. everyone has a different palate, so the cigar I might enjoy, someone else might not. Never let someone discourage from trying a differnt cigar just because they don't care for it. To me, that's a shame to do.

I really enjoy the Jericho Hills and most of the other CH stuff. The Tennessee waltz didn't fit in my flavor profile, but still was a good cigar. But, again, I wouldn't know about these cigars if I didn't try them and find the ones I enjoy. That's all that matters anyways,
That seems to be my consensus - just try them all

Again, thanks everyone for their input

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Huber is a cool dude and the blends are spot on. Four Kicks and Jericho Hill, the only blends I've tried so far, are flat out fantastic. I appreciate a cohesive brand whose lines have their own identity but still tie in to the company's overall theme. It gives me a sense that these guys know what they're doing and that they know who they are, so to speak.

I have not really tried Warped due to the really high prices. To come into the market charging $12-15 per smoke... I don't know. Hard to bite for me. I have a Futuro in the humi that looks great and we'll see if they're worth the premium. If I could find a few singles of the Colmena locally I'd like to see what the fuss is about. Not going to buy a fiver online of a new brand at $65 when the market has so many options.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I have not really tried Warped due to the really high prices. To come into the market charging $12-15 per smoke... I don't know. Hard to bite for me. I have a Futuro in the humi that looks great and we'll see if they're worth the premium. If I could find a few singles of the Colmena locally I'd like to see what the fuss is about. Not going to buy a fiver online of a new brand at $65 when the market has so many options.
Not sure where you live (cigar taxes), but all of Warped's stuff out of Nicaragua is sub $10 and can be had for cheaper on SmallBatch with the BOTL discount.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
You can't really go wrong with either one. Both are amoung my favorites in NC cigars. I have a favorite, but you may not agree. So try a sampler of both and see what you think. 2 good brands to explore for sure.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Crowned Heads is consistently good. They have their own drawer in my Wineador. Favorites include:
-Las Mareas; right in my wheelhouse. Medium bodied, a little leather and slice; currently my favorite CH release
-La Imperiosa; a bold Nicaraguan with a cool edge, CH's answer to the Lp9 and very good
-Tennessee Waltz; probably the best maduro in production right now, IMHO. If you can find it, try the '15 Paniolo, it's a CG version. Really wish I had more of these.

Warped is high end with high prices, but they're worth it. Excellent construction and material, and great blends. I'm a big, big fan, and that's saying something because I'm a pretty cheap guy.
Must-try:
-La Colmena Unico; the CoRo of the lines up. Honey and nuts and wood. Just off the charts. At $12-15, it's a special occasion cigar for me, but it's really, really good
-El Oso; probably one if the cleanest maduros ever. No syrupyness, no cottonmouth, just a really good dark cigar. Like a fine dark chocolate.
-Futuro; probably my favorite behind the La Colmena. An excellent cigar all around
-La Hacienda; Kyle described this in an interview as his attempt to capture the flavor of a lemon pistachio pasta. It's remarkable that it succeeded and it's one of the more unique blends out there. I love it

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I wouldn't advise buying cigars based on coolness or if someone has a man bun. Smoke the product and decide yourself. Smh
I see your point and agree that the cigars should be judged on their own merit. But all things being equal, I like to buy from people who engage with the community here on BOTL and give back, like @NicaNick, @warpedcigars, @JonHuber, and @ssaka, among others. It's not necessarily about cool, but the fact that they choose to engage with the online community, answer cigar nerd questions, support causes like Operation Esteli, etc makes a difference to me. Lots of guys make good cigars, not all of them do the other stuff.

2020pdx

Dan
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any standouts or all-around favorites?
Not new to cigars of course, but newer to alot of the brands/blends that have come out in the last 4-5 years and these sound like they would really match-up with my tastes, but not sure where to start.
CH La Imperiosa was one of favorite sticks last year. And it's still a favorite. Other BOTL were kind enough to help introduce me and I would highly recommend. I've also had CH Four Kicks and Jericho Hill, I would place them #3 and #2 respectively in my ranking of the CH lineup that I've tried.