What's new

Thread for OE 2014 Pics and Updates

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
The rest of us just boarded at IAH.. Should be in Managua in about 3 hours...

See you two shortly..

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0

Just arrived about 1130pm local time...

Nice ride from Managua to Esteli!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
so, while i'm digging for a cup of coffee:

6AM local or there abouts, rocking a JdN antaño for breakfast, and strolling the grounds. this is some crap pics of some VERY pretty countryside, taken from the porches here. seriously, i can see why people would fall in love with this place.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
couple few shots of the grounds and common areas:

big f#@king tagged up wall in the entry courtyard is more impressive in real life. weird and funky and beautiful and totally fits this place.

great strolling paths and porches, and a very comfortable latin villa vibe.

the pool, as seen from just outside the smoke bar/ main common area, and a shot of what you'd see from that pool (this place is REALLY pretty).

little side court, lots of comfy vegetation growing in on you, leading to the bed suites. small, clean, and comfy. we are one apeice to a room, no "planes, trains, and automobiles" shenanigans, thank you. o)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0

main common/ smoke lounge, super comfy. right now a bit off, as this place needs people in it, but until the other yahoos rouse, it's just y'all and myself.

there is a display room with basically most everything they have made, but until I find the right lights, you'll have to trust me that it's cool. o)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
well, f#@k, there goes my quiet... love ya, dave. o)

and, first impression, this place really is what you'd get if willy wonka wanted to go into cigars. combined latin, urban, and just straight out whimsy. hospitality is way the shit better, though, and these people have done everything to truly welcome us (thanks for the huge snackie tray and the baggage assist, henry!). still, if we get i to the fabrica itself and JDs got oompa loompas rolling liga privada, i ain't coming home.

shit, that probably means i'm the augustus gloop of the bunch, "no, JJ, don't jump into the stalk cut habano!". o(

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Awesome pics guys. Hope your stay just keeps getting better.

Not only is the view wonderful, Im a HUGE fan of seeing the lack of people. Ahhh peace and quiet, must be lovely.