What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My first time tying any of the regular Wellers. Let’s see if it lives up to this crazy hype that drives prices north of $100 dollars and makes people hoard the stuff as if it’s gold, if it’s just really good bourbon at a really good price but not nearly worth that $100 tag I’ve seen places, or if it’s crap and the whole bourbon world was just running a long con on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My first time tying any of the regular Wellers. Let’s see if it lives up to this crazy hype that drives prices north of $100 dollars and makes people hoard the stuff as if it’s gold, if it’s just really good bourbon at a really good price but not nearly worth that $100 tag I’ve seen places, or if it’s crap and the whole bourbon world was just running a long con on me.

Gonna crack one for a bday drink Friday.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't see any liquid on the ground and they said there doesn't seem to be any run off into groundwater or streams. I'll bet if they can find a place to put them they'll be salvaged. Kind of wild though the way it just fell apart.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Continuing on my Irish Whiskey journey, probably only going to get one more bottle (Redbreast Lustau) before switching gears back to Kentucky Rye then eventually back to Bourbon, for my uncorking of my George T Stagg. The plan was to keep away from Bourbon for 6 months to reset my palate. I’m excited for my return to Bourbon, but am taking full advantage of this time to open myself up to other whiskies...like this one:

At $19.99 it’s a steal. 80 proof and lots of depth to it. A very oily mouthfeel too

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Little pour of ECBP last night, but feel asleep before finishing it. Woke up and was going to finish it, but it had gotten cloudy . I’ve done it twice before, but I still forgot how these middle of the night feedings take a toll on your energy over time.