What's new

Today's Bourbon

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
@Tennessee Dave I love how you started this thread. Col. E.H. Taylor is probably my favorite every day bottle. Always have one on hand.

Tonight I'm finishing off an Elmer T. Lee that's half gone. Its a decent bottle when you can find it. Basically whatever isn't Pappys becomes Elmer T. Lee the way I understand it.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I love that barrel proof EC. Worth the price of admission.
Me too. It’s like a perfect balance of super delicious bourbon and a good price considering how just good the bourbon itself is (granted it’s not cheap). I’ll never be able to to pass up a bottle lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Curious what you think of this. Since they got caught watering down, I've never trusted M.M. since.
I enjoyed it. While it’s nothing that will blow your mind, I find it significantly better than regular MM. With that, it will probably be a while before I buy another bottle just because there are other things I’d probably buy again first around this price point and a little more (Noah’s Mill, FRSB, Woodford Double Oaked, Russell’s Reserve SB).

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
@Tennessee Dave I love how you started this thread. Col. E.H. Taylor is probably my favorite every day bottle. Always have one on hand.

Tonight I'm finishing off an Elmer T. Lee that's half gone. Its a decent bottle when you can find it. Basically whatever isn't Pappys becomes Elmer T. Lee the way I understand it.

Glad you are enjoying the thread. ET Lee and the Van Winkle bourbons are two totally different mashbills. ET Lee is a rye recipe and the Van Winkle's including Pappy is a wheat recipe. So it is not true that ET Lee is left over Pappy. Just so you know.(y)

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Glad you are enjoying the thread. ET Lee and the Van Winkle bourbons are two totally different mashbills. ET Lee is a rye recipe and the Van Winkle's including Pappy is a wheat recipe. So it is not true that ET Lee is left over Pappy. Just so you know.(y)
I was misinformed then. Thanks for the heads up.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Boy did I need this pour, which is quite large for me. The small company that I work for is going through some growing pains currently and downgraded me to Part-time for awhile. Was this close to opening up my George T Stagg 2017. Redbreast Lustau will have to do for now while I look for some supplemental income. Just got approved for full benefits too.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
OGD 114 tonight. The first several of pours from this bottle were a bit underwhelmed. I had heard good things, but those pours seemed a bit hot and lacking something interesting.

Then tonight I decided I wanted something I hadn’t sipped on in a while, so I came back to OGD 114. First sip out the glass, and I could instantly tell things had changed. Maybe this bottle just needed to air out a few months, but tonight’s pour was very enjoyable. I’ll be hitting this bottle again soon.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
OGD 114 tonight. The first several of pours from this bottle were a bit underwhelmed. I had heard good things, but those pours seemed a bit hot and lacking something interesting.

Then tonight I decided I wanted something I hadn’t sipped on in a while, so I came back to OGD 114. First sip out the glass, and I could instantly tell things had changed. Maybe this bottle just needed to air out a few months, but tonight’s pour was very enjoyable. I’ll be hitting this bottle again soon.

I found that one in particular really benefitted from some water to help it open up. Just a small splash, but it did seem to make a huge difference for me.

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Hello Brothers of the Barrel! What a day! @Pennywise827 Wes - you truly are a brother from another mother! I can't say thank you enough for your amazing gift and hospitality! For all of you that don't know Wes - he is pretty new to BOTL and local to me in KCMO. I will be 'guiding' Wes into cigars and he has taken me under his wing for the world of Bourbon!

No words will do this gift justice Brother! THANK YOU!
20180804_152932.jpg
20180805_102512.jpg

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hello Brothers of the Barrel! What a day! @Pennywise827 Wes - you truly are a brother from another mother! I can't say thank you enough for your amazing gift and hospitality! For all of you that don't know Wes - he is pretty new to BOTL and local to me in KCMO. I will be 'guiding' Wes into cigars and he has taken me under his wing for the world of Bourbon!

No words will do this gift justice Brother! THANK YOU!
View attachment 118724
View attachment 118726
Hey man no problem. Glad you like it.