What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’ve been on a little Rye kick lately, apart from my Irish Whiskey, which I’m still waiting for my store to restock their Redbreast Lustau. However I’m having fun expanding my Rye experience, as I haven’t had many. Next is Rittenhouse Rye BIB, which I’m quite looking forward to. This one was ok, much better than their Bourbon expression. Lots of grassy and hay notes.
Hope you like the Rittenhouse Rye. If you normally drink Kentucky style ryes you'll find the Pennsylvania rye completely different. Had some Rittenhouse last night and didn't enjoy it as much as the others.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope you like the Rittenhouse Rye. If you normally drink Kentucky style ryes you'll find the Pennsylvania rye completely different. Had some Rittenhouse last night and didn't enjoy it as much as the others.
Thank you! I hope so to as I'm not incredibly fond of the Bulleit Rye (3/5 at best). My favorite Rye has gotta be the Willett Family Reserve Small Batch I had recently. My least favorite by far is Woodford Rye. I have high hope for Rittenhouse as it will hopefully be my go to affordable Rye for Old Fashioned's. Forgive me as I don't know a heck of a lot about it besides it being BiB and carrying the "whisky" label. I know it's from Heaven Hill too and using the traditions of the Pennsylvania Rye tradition, but isn't it distilled & bottled in Kentucky? I'm excited about learning more about this, thanks.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The Rittenhouse has only a 51% rye mash bill with a lot of corn so it should be sweeter and more bourbon like. The Bullet 95 is 95% rye with 5% malted barley. Since you are a bourbon drinker you may find the Rittenhouse more to your liking. I thought it kind of spikey and had to add a touch of water to it but that may be the 50% ABV

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Rittenhouse has only a 51% rye mash bill with a lot of corn so it should be sweeter and more bourbon like. The Bullet 95 is 95% rye with 5% malted barley. Since you are a bourbon drinker you may find the Rittenhouse more to your liking. I thought it kind of spikey and had to add a touch of water to it but that may be the 50% ABV
LOL well I am a barrel proof bourbon fan, so I may take to it pretty well. The problem I have with Bulleit Rye is also the same problem I had with their Bourbon; which is a lack of depth. But at that price point I guess I can't complain.......or maybe I can, considering Willett Family Reserve Small Batch Rye is only $38.99 and has tons of layered depth to it (5/5 also). It's only $10 more than Bulleit too, the main problem is that it's not readily available here in NJ.

Thanks for the info though, that helps bring me more up to speed on it

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally found a bottle of Redbreast Lustau. Paired it with a sweet Lancero from Tatuaje. Forgot to pour before taking the photo, but I assure you, it was generous haha. This will be my last Irish Whiskey before returning back to bourbon. It’s been close to 3 months without it, so I’m looking forward to the return of bourbon into my life. Still got another month to get through at least so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk