What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been a while since I've stopped by gents. Haven't been drinking a ton of bourbon this summer. I may have to start back up again! Ha. This was the lineup for my last night in Seattle. Not a bad way to end vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This might be because I've been on a mostly Irish Whiskey journey for the past 4 months, but my eyes immediately fixated on the RedBreast. How did you like that one? I found it to embody most of what I love about Bourbon and enough new complexities to make me fall deeper in love with Irish Whiskey.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
This might be because I've been on a mostly Irish Whiskey journey for the past 4 months, but my eyes immediately fixated on the RedBreast. How did you like that one? I found it to embody most of what I love about Bourbon and enough new complexities to make me fall deeper in love with Irish Whiskey.
I stuck to the bourbons in the picture! Haha sorry, but by all accounts the red breast is supposed to be fantastic.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Big day today bourbon-wise while visiting Dry 85 in Ocean City, MD:

- Willett Family Estate 15 year
- Barrell Bourbon Bourbon Crusader barrel pick
- Flight of Dry 85 private barrels OWA, Knob Creak Single Barrel, and a private blend of Angels Ency
- A sip of Four Roses Limited Edition 2016
- Dry 85 private blend Makers Mark Cask Strength

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Big day today bourbon-wise while visiting Dry 85 in Ocean City, MD:

- Willett Family Estate 15 year
- Barrell Bourbon Bourbon Crusader barrel pick
- Flight of Dry 85 private barrels OWA, Knob Creak Single Barrel, and a private blend of Angels Ency
- A sip of Four Roses Limited Edition 2016
- Dry 85 private blend Makers Mark Cask Strength

An amazing selection! I am in the swilling mood so Beem and Diet Coke was on the menu tonight.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Out to dinner while on beach vacation. I order a $12 pour of Woodford Double Oaked neat. I don’t know how this pour happened, but I ain’t mad (and I had several sips before this photo lol)

Not a bad deal for $12 out on the town. I eagerly wait to see how little or how much a bartender will pour my next neat snifter of Bourbon. I don't get out much though as I only like to treat myself occasionally, as it can add up quickly, and I like saving my money towards bottle purchases. I was at this place near Penn Station NYC recently and literally walked out the door when I saw how much they were charging. They had some pretty rare stuff too (well rare for NJ), and I was really looking forward to my first Weller 12. However my wallet wasn't going along with it; $60 for a 4 ounce pour. Best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had though so I was happy. Even a 4 ounce pour of standard Markers Mark cost $15.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Not a bad deal for $12 out on the town. I eagerly wait to see how little or how much a bartender will pour my next neat snifter of Bourbon. I don't get out much though as I only like to treat myself occasionally, as it can add up quickly, and I like saving my money towards bottle purchases. I was at this place near Penn Station NYC recently and literally walked out the door when I saw how much they were charging. They had some pretty rare stuff too (well rare for NJ), and I was really looking forward to my first Weller 12. However my wallet wasn't going along with it; $60 for a 4 ounce pour. Best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had though so I was happy. Even a 4 ounce pour of standard Markers Mark cost $15.
There's a whiskey bar right outside of Penn Station and MSG that I found but didn't wind up going since it was my wife's birthday gift to see a broadway play and do dinner in NYC. Although, she was all for going but I was the cheap a$$ and didn't want to drop the outstanding NYShity prices for some bourbons and whiskey. I told her we could go back on another trip since it's only an hour or so train ride on the Long Island Fail Road into Penn.

Was this the same place maybe I'm thinking of?? I can't remember the name for the life of me, so I'll have to look it up.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's a whiskey bar right outside of Penn Station and MSG that I found but didn't wind up going since it was my wife's birthday gift to see a broadway play and do dinner in NYC. Although, she was all for going but I was the cheap a$$ and didn't want to drop the outstanding NYShity prices for some bourbons and whiskey. I told her we could go back on another trip since it's only an hour or so train ride on the Long Island Fail Road into Penn.

Was this the same place maybe I'm thinking of?? I can't remember the name for the life of me, so I'll have to look it up.
"NYShitty Prices" you sir deserve a gold star for that one, had me cracking up. The place is conveniently called "American Whiskey"
http://www.americanwhiskeynyc.com/

They have a full menu on their google images that shows how pricey their hooch is. I should've taken a snap though, my bad guys. I was wrong it wasn't a 4oz pour it was a 2oz pour....even worse lol. I gotta find a local NJ whiskey bar where I'm not helping pay for the owners insane NYC rent prices. Anyone local that knows of one?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
"NYShitty Prices" you sir deserve a gold star for that one, had me cracking up. The place is conveniently called "American Whiskey"
http://www.americanwhiskeynyc.com/

They have a full menu on their google images that shows how pricey their hooch is. I should've taken a snap though, my bad guys. I was wrong it wasn't a 4oz pour it was a 2oz pour....even worse lol. I gotta find a local NJ whiskey bar where I'm not helping pay for the owners insane NYC rent prices. Anyone local that knows of one?
Haha, I try. I can’t take the credit for that though, I have to say a few friends came up with it. And I’m pretty sure this is the same place my wife and I were going to check out as well right near Penn.

I’d use the powers of google and see what you’ll find in the search. That’s what I did for the NYC bar.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk