What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
They don't make it to flip for 6-10x retail? Ha! Yep! Enjoy and don't look for occasions! Enjoy it now and worry about getting more later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha! Actually, I had the part about flipping in my original post, but took it out before submitting. Being the new guy here, I don't know how that is viewed by the rest, if anyone here makes a common practice of flipping, etc. To say I'm not a fan of flippers is an understatement, but I didnt want to step on toes... yet.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Ha! Actually, I had the part about flipping in my original post, but took it out before submitting. Being the new guy here, I don't know how that is viewed by the rest, if anyone here makes a common practice of flipping, etc. To say I'm not a fan of flippers is an understatement, but I didnt want to step on toes... yet.
Dude absolutely not! I was simply talking about the bourbon market as a whole! You're all good in my book. Just wanted to make sure our guy was enjoying the Stagg! Haha

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I found an evan Williams bib 101 the other night. Anyone ever tried it? I was curious at a little over $20 per bottle.
Been awhile, but I remember it being pretty straight forward. Sweet, not a lot of burn. Drinkable straight.

Not sure what prices are like in your area, but it's around $15 here in AZ.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
View attachment 126114 Opened a new store pick EC tonight. Really like this one. I'll have to compare it to a EC12 I've got hiding in the back of the cabinet...
I just bought an EC12 Christmas gift pack with an Old Fashioned engraved glass and ice mold, all for the low price of $27.49. I haven’t had EC12 since late 2015, it was my 4th bourbon I’ve tried. My bottle must’ve been a bad batch because it turned very harsh after each uncorking, plus the cork stopper separated from the plastic and I had to use vice grips to remove it each time, not a very elegant picture I know. But I’m excited for round two

Also I like your cork storage method; I use an empty EH Taylor tube. Mine’s almost full after 3 years of getting into the hobby, which is evidence of how much I love Bourbon lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I appreciate all of your guys support about opening up my GTS. I certainly thought about flipping my first ever BTAC raffle winner, but after thinking about it for a week I convinced myself that an opportunity to own something this rare, and at retail prices, could be a once in a lifetime experience and I'm not about to pass that up. Now if I won a Pappy 23 I wouldn't know what to think, as they go quickly on the secondary markets for thousands. However I never bid on the Pappy's anyways; usually spread my 10 raffle tickets over GTS, William LaRue Weller and maybe one ticket in the Pappy 15 (which I would totally keep if I won it).

After winning the GTS, I was bombarded with offers to buy it from me (before I paid retail for it). The highest was $300 cash, there was about 150 people that went home empty handed at the private event. I paid $98 after taxes and ran away with it.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Thoughts on the Barrel New Year? I bought one a year or two ago & just havent cracked it yet
Barrell is such a variable thing, it's hard to give a recommendation for any one prospective bottle without trying it. The guys at Barrell have contacts at many distilleries, and buy barrels to blend from them all. Part of their philosophy is to create new, different things with each batch. The Batch 15 I have is very tasty, and the Barrell Rum is spectacular Jamaican funk. I would bet that any of their stuff will be good, but personally struggle to drop the coin they ask for a bottle that has no comparison to the past releases. They ask the same $ as BTAC...

I'm sure it's good, and that you'll enjoy it. Give us a report back, and make sure to include batch # for reference!

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Barrell is such a variable thing, it's hard to give a recommendation for any one prospective bottle without trying it. The guys at Barrell have contacts at many distilleries, and buy barrels to blend from them all. Part of their philosophy is to create new, different things with each batch. The Batch 15 I have is very tasty, and the Barrell Rum is spectacular Jamaican funk. I would bet that any of their stuff will be good, but personally struggle to drop the coin they ask for a bottle that has no comparison to the past releases. They ask the same $ as BTAC...

I'm sure it's good, and that you'll enjoy it. Give us a report back, and make sure to include batch # for reference!
Will do! I'll have to check what batch/year it is

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I appreciate all of your guys support about opening up my GTS. I certainly thought about flipping my first ever BTAC raffle winner, but after thinking about it for a week I convinced myself that an opportunity to own something this rare, and at retail prices, could be a once in a lifetime experience and I'm not about to pass that up. Now if I won a Pappy 23 I wouldn't know what to think, as they go quickly on the secondary markets for thousands. However I never bid on the Pappy's anyways; usually spread my 10 raffle tickets over GTS, William LaRue Weller and maybe one ticket in the Pappy 15 (which I would totally keep if I won it).

After winning the GTS, I was bombarded with offers to buy it from me (before I paid retail for it). The highest was $300 cash, there was about 150 people that went home empty handed at the private event. I paid $98 after taxes and ran away with it.
You're right. It's tough to look at a bottle and think "that's $1500 sitting there"... I had the same thoughts with my VW15 last year. And I had to break the seal to end my wife's adamant argument that I should sell it.

Then I just remember buying my GTS last year, standing in line with a bunch of guys who were talking about the places they scored bottles, which was worth more, and how much they are going to ask for them. They didnt care what they were buying, could have been baseball cards or beanie babies for all they cared... But those were the guys keeping the interesting booze out of the hands of the average joe.
Also I like your cork storage method; I use an empty EH Taylor tube. Mine’s almost full after 3 years of getting into the hobby, which is evidence of how much I love Bourbon lol
That bookers box is in the kitchen, and just because I'm lazy. My bar is in the 3rd floor (finished attic) and has the bigger pile of corks on display.15434428693435295826895743809428.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I just bought an EC12 Christmas gift pack with an Old Fashioned engraved glass and ice mold, all for the low price of $27.49. I haven’t had EC12 since late 2015, it was my 4th bourbon I’ve tried. My bottle must’ve been a bad batch because it turned very harsh after each uncorking, plus the cork stopper separated from the plastic and I had to use vice grips to remove it each time, not a very elegant picture I know. But I’m excited for round two

That’s not EC12.