Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The lineup at last nights mini-herf

8519B30F-8ED4-4924-9384-5EB09F204602.jpeg

L to R:
Woodford Reserve Malt Whiskey
Nikka Coffey Grain Whisky
EC Small Batch Barrel Select “B batch” - found it in Las Vegas last month, hadda get it!
Old Forester 1920
Woodinville Bourbon Whiskey
Four Roses Single Barrel Barrel Strength Specially Selected OESV

Didn’t get to the EC, next time....

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0

View attachment 125974
Love the EC, OF1920, 4R. Dont know the Woodinville. Is it sourced, or craft whiskey?
Saw this on the shelf while visiting family for Thanksgiving. Always hear good things, but tried a version at the distillery that wasnt my thing, so didnt buy. Got enough meh bottles, so didnt buy. What's your opinion?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Love the EC, OF1920, 4R. Dont know the Woodinville. Is it sourced, or craft whiskey?

Saw this on the shelf while visiting family for Thanksgiving. Always hear good things, but tried a version at the distillery that wasnt my thing, so didnt buy. Got enough meh bottles, so didnt buy. What's your opinion?
It's $12.99, yes it's a little thin and a little hot. But for $12.99 its damn tasty.

My beverage store puts HTF bourbon on the shelf the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I picked up an Elijah Craig 18 year, Pappy 12 yr, and a 1.75 L of Weller 12 yr. Set me back close to $300. So my bourbon budget for the has been blown.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
To

Rating - 100%
16   0   0

View attachment 125974

L to R:
Woodford Reserve Malt Whiskey
Nikka Coffey Grain Whisky
EC Small Batch Barrel Select “B batch” - found it in Las Vegas last month, hadda get it!
Old Forester 1920
Woodinville Bourbon Whiskey
Four Roses Single Barrel Barrel Strength Specially Selected OESV

Didn’t get to the EC, next time....
What did you think of the Nikka Coffey Grain?

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
It's $12.99, yes it's a little thin and a little hot. But for $12.99 its damn tasty.

My beverage store puts HTF bourbon on the shelf the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I picked up an Elijah Craig 18 year, Pappy 12 yr, and a 1.75 L of Weller 12 yr. Set me back close to $300. So my bourbon budget for the has been blown.

To
Nice score at that price. I've never even seen a 1.75 Weller 12

Rating - 100%
16   0   0

The VOB Bottled-in-bond is the one you want.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Breaking her open tonight!! Thanks again Jeff!
How did you like it? It took me 6 months to get through my bottle which will tell you that a little goes a long way with this one. I enjoyed mine neat...like I do with ALL of my Barrel Proof Bourbons, how did you take yours? I found it to have a really chewy mouthfeel with an endless finish; which is why I say a little goes a long way.

Here’s mine from back in the day; since they had their massive price increases I haven’t been able to bring myself to buy another, unless on enough of a sale. Mine was the Ring Batch (126.7 Proof)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

To
I need to get my butt to Georgia ASAP, that's an impressive lineup. Were these on a shelf in the open or behind glass?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can anyone else tell how I’m enjoying this Rye? Only had it a week, and it’s almost all gone.

Lots of enjoyment this Thanksgiving week break. Plus I poured two glasses worth into my Infinity Bottle; a little project I’m working on. I chose the Tin Cup bottle because it comes with a nice measuring cup and it’s the best bottle designs I’ve seen so far, and the cork sits tightly in place

So far it consists of a glass or two of:
Rittenhouse Rye
Redbreast Lustau (to add a unique note)
OGD Bonded Bourbon
Old Forester Single Barrel Bourbon
Clyde Mays Bourbon
Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
George Dickel Rye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I need to get my butt to Georgia ASAP, that's an impressive lineup. Were these on a shelf in the open or behind glass?
They don't raffle, or save for certain customers. They put one bottle of each type release on the shelf. When a customer buys one, they pull one from the back and put it on the shelf. I guess that way one person cant buy a case.

I went before lunch and got the EC 18 and Weller 12. $120 and $69.99. I stopped later on my way home and they were putting the VW 12 on the shelf for $99.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They don't raffle, or save for certain customers. They put one bottle of each type release on the shelf. When a customer buys one, they pull one from the back and put it on the shelf. I guess that way one person cant buy a case.

I went before lunch and got the EC 18 and Weller 12. $120 and $69.99. I stopped later on my way home and they were putting the VW 12 on the shelf for $99.

That's what I was hoping you'd say. Sounds like a good system. More than fair prices too.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
This stuff is really smooth and the oak definitely makes itself known
View attachment 126038
Wonder the effect of time will be on the bottled whiskey. Normally, the aging process halts when removed from the barrel. With wood in the bottle, it will never stop... be interesting to decant half the bottle and check back to compare in a year...

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Wonder the effect of time will be on the bottled whiskey. Normally, the aging process halts when removed from the barrel. With wood in the bottle, it will never stop... be interesting to decant half the bottle and check back to compare in a year...
I think I read somewhere that after about 6 weeks in the bottle the oak spiral ceases to impart any more oak to the bourbon.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
How did you like it? It took me 6 months to get through my bottle which will tell you that a little goes a long way with this one. I enjoyed mine neat...like I do with ALL of my Barrel Proof Bourbons, how did you take yours? I found it to have a really chewy mouthfeel with an endless finish; which is why I say a little goes a long way.

Here’s mine from back in the day; since they had their massive price increases I haven’t been able to bring myself to buy another, unless on enough of a sale. Mine was the Ring Batch (126.7 Proof)

I took it neat, definitely agree on the mouthfeel, and yes a little goes a long way with this one, definitely needed to let it breathe a bit at first

I’m actually having some now but decided to try it on the rocks to see if there was a huge difference - deff took away from the intensity but lost some of the nuance or that could be due to having a huge pour of weller 107 first lmao

This one is the Backyadd BBQ Batch