Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Last night we tasted (and drank) the following at Bourbon club:
2017-4 Bookers
2018-1 Bookers
2017 Little Book
View attachment 126774

Also our bourbon club did a barrel pick at 1792....if anyone is interested in this cask strength, we have about 40 bottles left. They're $47 each 750ml, and we should have them in-hand next week.

Shipping will be based on you, so not sure if its worth it. For you KC guys, you can put in the note to give to me and pick up locally.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfEM9ysK_mXLRy8pA7zT-35MQjhiWDKBp-qJrrcgdQPvbKRCQ/viewform
There was no place to put a note for pickup, but listed you as contact. They have my name and email, so I'm sure it will be figured out...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last night we tasted (and drank) the following at Bourbon club:
2017-4 Bookers
2018-1 Bookers
2017 Little Book
View attachment 126774

Also our bourbon club did a barrel pick at 1792....if anyone is interested in this cask strength, we have about 40 bottles left. They're $47 each 750ml, and we should have them in-hand next week.

Shipping will be based on you, so not sure if its worth it. For you KC guys, you can put in the note to give to me and pick up locally.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfEM9ysK_mXLRy8pA7zT-35MQjhiWDKBp-qJrrcgdQPvbKRCQ/viewform
I just noticed this now but how was it like sipping Barrel Proof Bookers from Plastic Solo Cups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Paired this great new ice cream with Elijah Craig and my first attempt at using my new ice mold. It took me a few minutes to remove the ice from the mold. I must admit I’m not a fan diluting bourbon with ice but it was a fun experiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well as a fan of Bookers...View attachment 126936

It didnt bother me much.
Do you have a favorite batch? I've had several over the years, have several of Annis' Answer (wedding ring batch), and have a "Big man, Small batch" bottle hidden away. That's the first batch since they started naming them...

Honestly, I've grown away from most Beam over the years, including Bookers.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm fortunate to have a LS nearby that routinely hosts tastings. Wine, beer, whiskeys...

So far, I've gone to Jack Daniels tasting with Jeff Arnett, the master distiller. Also to Jeffersons, George Remus, and tonight, Old Forester to sample the Whiskey Row series.

The series includes 1879 Original Batch, which they take barrels from 3 different rickhouses to marry into the blend. This is to mimic the original method of getting whiskey from 3 different distilleries to blend together, as performed when the brand was created.

The 1897 batch is bottled in bond, and dedicated to the landmark legislation that guaranteed the quality of bourbons.

1910 is a bourbon finished in a toasted oak barrel, commemorating the great Old Forester fire, which damaged the bottling line. They had dumped a batch of whiskey, but without the ability to bottle it would be ruined. Instead, they rebarreled in new oak, creating the first double barreled bourbon.

1920 commemorates prohibition. This one is bottled at 115 proof.

Also in the tasting was Statesman and a Single Barrel store pick.

I have to say this was by far the best lineup I've seen at a tasting. No bottom shelf whiskeys, no entry level spirits, just top notch bourbon.

Oh, and an 1879 bottle came home with me to complete my own Whiskey Row collection.