What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Old Baldy looks like it's distilled in KY & IN, yet htf & pricey.....awesome......sigh
Yeah all the J Mattingly/Bourbon30 stuff is are really small batches as it’s one guy buying the barrels and blending them himself. Secondary prices on most of them are pretty crazy.

I’ve never tried any to say whether or not they are worth the hype, but if I’m going to drop $400 or $900 on the secondary market (note: this will never happen and is why I camped out at 3AM this past weekend to land bottles at retail) it would more likely be for some like GTS or Willet Family Estate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shoot, for that price plus shipping on the ECBP that beats any price I've ever seen around here (SE WI). And that of course is the ONE freaking time ever I've seen it here. ECBP is one of my favorites. Good find.
Looking forward to trying my first ECBP. With all of these approvals I’m sure to be in for a surprise. Thanks

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I was guessing the GTS would still be better, but people raved about Old Baldy and pay crazy money for it (other J Mattingly bourbons seem to go for a large chunks of change as well).

Anyway, that looks like a pretty special tasting to take part in. Very cool. And if you can make out the proof on the GTS, you may be able to determine the year.
Unfortunately for me, the rest of that bottle is almost 400 miles away. Looks like @gurgalunas might have caught it though.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So I got one of these for xmas, then they got clearenced to 23....so I now own 3 of these. Maybe more if I go back and find more, also as long as I'm not wasting my money (that's the part where you all come in, I'm still very much a bourbon newb) its 5x100ml

View attachment 129517 View attachment 129518 View attachment 129519
I think that’s a great start and score! I never see anything like that around here in “NO” York. And being you have a couple sets, I’d do one neat, with an ice cube, and MAYBE one with a splash of water. See how you might enjoy each bourbon. Pretty sure that can go for bourbons as it does scotches right???

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Never mind my last post, just saw this. Puts my deduction that it was at least 14 years old to bed, but 13 is close. :ROFLMAO:
The bottle might not have been 14 years old, but the stuff inside was older than that. According to the info sheet, that juice was 16 years (distilled in 1990) when it was bottled. I was 4 years old when it was put in a barrel lol.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The bottle might not have been 14 years old, but the stuff inside was older than that. According to the info sheet, that juice was 16 years (distilled in 1990) when it was bottled. I was 4 years old when it was put in a barrel lol.
No wonder we were all raving about it Saturday!

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just curious, did you try them before you bought more of them? $23 is a good price for the sampler but works out to about $34.50 a 750ml bottle. I think Pikesville is the only one of the 5 that run over that price. Just me, everything is a cost/value calculation, bought a truck last night so I'm still in a figuring mood!

They do make nice gifts for your buddies though if you want to send me one!
I havent tried them yet, they were originally 50 at Christmas lol. And of course I had bombing in mind.

We are on the same wavelength. My planned response exactly. Try the samples, see which you like, which you dont, and buy a bottle instead. The pikesvilke ia a $50 bottle, Bernheim mid 30s, EC and Larceny upper 20s, EW less.
The EC SB is only upper 20s? Well hell. I was thinking they were all at least 35ish or more.

I’m quite enjoying mine as you can see, which was also a gift.

Any favorites so far?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think that’s a great start and score! I never see anything like that around here in “NO” York. And being you have a couple sets, I’d do one neat, with an ice cube, and MAYBE one with a splash of water. See how you might enjoy each bourbon. Pretty sure that can go for bourbons as it does scotches right???

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
"NO York" that's a good one. I'm right across the pond from you (NJ) so please stop by and stock up. That's good advice btw, especially in his scenario with multiple sets.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I havent tried them yet, they were originally 50 at Christmas lol. And of course I had bombing in mind.

The EC SB is only upper 20s? Well hell. I was thinking they were all at least 35ish or more.

Any favorites so far?
Pikesville Rye for sure. 110 Proof is my kind of Rye. Enjoyed neat it was a pleasure and needed no water to soften it

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Are those Golds in the far row? Two American SiB and two Green SR in the front?

I'm 1 away from the complete collection with the American corks. Had it, but gave the bottle to a buddy who was missing it too.
3 sftb, one green, one black, one gold, a store pick and a regular. Sftb is by far my favorite.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I mean that Bourbon is amazing and all (one of my favorites) but I am distracted by the giant cleaver behind it. What's the story with that piece of art?
Just an antique cleaver that I won off flea bay. My wife usually handles the decor. Our house looks like Pinterest threw up all over it lol. Nah she’s done a good job & everything looks good. The cleaver is just a piece that I wanted & she let me hang up in the kitchen. It looks pretty good with the rest of the decor in there.