What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cracked the Yellowstone Limited Edition 2018. Such a good pour; glad I picked up a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome find. I’ve actually never seen this bourbon before, at least never noticed it until recently. Has anyone had the 93 proof before and is it worth it? Reviews are mixed.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've always heard positive things on the LE bottle, but mixed reviews on the other offerings.

Grab that bottle to the right of it, though. ECBP for $59.99 is a pretty good price, and an excellent whiskey. Top 5 for me, if you exclude the unicorns like GTS, WLW, etc.
I was going to say the same thing on both points. Heard the regular is fine but nothing special; haven’t tried it myself tho. And grab that ECBP right away. Priced at retail and such a good bourbon. I think it’s the perfect balances of price and quality. Not cheap but well worth it.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've always heard positive things on the LE bottle, but mixed reviews on the other offerings.

Grab that bottle to the left of it, though. ECBP for $59.99 is a pretty good price, and an excellent whiskey. Top 5 for me, if you exclude the unicorns like GTS, WLW, etc.
Thanks guys. I might just do that since Booker's is priced too high for what you're getting (literally more money than GTS retail), priced by me at $99. It's still my favorite off the shelf bourbon but not at that price. $60 for Barrel Proof is quite a deal and from what I hear about it from here and reviews, seems like a total no brainer. It's on my list now.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Awesome find. I’ve actually never seen this bourbon before, at least never noticed it until recently. Has anyone had the 93 proof before and is it worth it? Reviews are mixed.

Shoot, for that price plus shipping on the ECBP that beats any price I've ever seen around here (SE WI). And that of course is the ONE freaking time ever I've seen it here. ECBP is one of my favorites. Good find.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So I got one of these for xmas, then they got clearenced to 23....so I now own 3 of these. Maybe more if I go back and find more, also as long as I'm not wasting my money (that's the part where you all come in, I'm still very much a bourbon newb) its 5x100ml

View attachment 129517 View attachment 129518 View attachment 129519
Just curious, did you try them before you bought more of them? $23 is a good price for the sampler but works out to about $34.50 a 750ml bottle. I think Pikesville is the only one of the 5 that run over that price. Just me, everything is a cost/value calculation, bought a truck last night so I'm still in a figuring mood!

They do make nice gifts for your buddies though if you want to send me one!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Tom, how was the Old Baldy? Never seen that one
I’m curious as well to hear if the Old Baldy lived up to the crazy hype? Was it better than say the GTS?
The Old Baldy was excellent, smooth as all getout. But it couldn't touch the Stagg in my opinion, we weren't able to date the bottle but know it had to be at least 14 years old, as that's when it was gifted to the owner.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Just curious, did you try them before you bought more of them? $23 is a good price for the sampler but works out to about $34.50 a 750ml bottle. I think Pikesville is the only one of the 5 that run over that price. Just me, everything is a cost/value calculation, bought a truck last night so I'm still in a figuring mood!

They do make nice gifts for your buddies though if you want to send me one!
We are on the same wavelength. My planned response exactly. Try the samples, see which you like, which you dont, and buy a bottle instead. The pikesvilke ia a $50 bottle, Bernheim mid 30s, EC and Larceny upper 20s, EW less.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The Old Baldy was excellent, smooth as all getout. But it couldn't touch the Stagg in my opinion, we weren't able to date the bottle but know it had to be at least 14 years old, as that's when it was gifted to the owner.
Thanks, gonna do a google search on this, Stagg....phhht never seen that on the shelf.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I was guessing the GTS would still be better, but people raved about Old Baldy and pay crazy money for it (other J Mattingly bourbons seem to go for a large chunks of change as well).

Anyway, that looks like a pretty special tasting to take part in. Very cool. And if you can make out the proof on the GTS, you may be able to determine the year.