What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just picked this off the shelf at my new whiskey store. Never had before and this is next to impossible to find off the shelf (or behind glass) where I usually frequent. Places usually allocate it. Only $30 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Just picked this off the shelf at my new whiskey store. Never had before and this is next to impossible to find off the shelf (or behind glass) where I usually frequent. Places usually allocate it. Only $30 too

Nice. Have seen in the shelf in the past but not anymore as has become allocated in my county. Wasn’t in the know like I am now. I shoot myself for passing it up. Nice find.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice. Have seen in the shelf in the past but not anymore as has become allocated in my county. Wasn’t in the know like I am now. I shoot myself for passing it up. Nice find.

Thanks! It was the last one too. Use to see them on the shelf years ago but like you said, those days are mostly gone.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Some interesting Bourbons I found while searching for that “Baby Saz” (from what I’ve seen it being called). Never seen that Henry McKenna before. Anyone have the 10 Year Tin Cup yet?

Of those others you saw, the KC is supposed to be superb, but not enough better than good store picks (@$45) to spend the cash on. I keep waiting for one to go on clearance to try it. I've not tried that HMcK, it's the bottom shelf version. Cant imagine it's any worse than Evan W, but at $28, it's not much less than the HMcK10.

The Tin Cup 10 is interesting. Regular is 4 yr, and a blend of MGP and their own single malt, but diluted with Mountain water instead of KY limestone water. The 10 is supposedly MGP, bet it is at least worth trying.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Strange - Sazerac Rye is very available and in all the Sam's Clubs down here. The Sazerac cocktail has a long history in New Orleans and I believe the company HQ is in Metairie so maybe that has something to do with it.
Wow if Sazerac is readily available by you, I would love to see what else is readily available, that is considered an allocated whiskey around these parts (New Jersey).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Of those others you saw, the KC is supposed to be superb, but not enough better than good store picks (@$45) to spend the cash on. I keep waiting for one to go on clearance to try it. I've not tried that HMcK, it's the bottom shelf version. Cant imagine it's any worse than Evan W, but at $28, it's not much less than the HMcK10.

The Tin Cup 10 is interesting. Regular is 4 yr, and a blend of MGP and their own single malt, but diluted with Mountain water instead of KY limestone water. The 10 is supposedly MGP, bet it is at least worth trying.
Thanks. I’d have a hard time paying that much for any knob creek, even with a nice presentation box like this one. I think it’s also worth noting that the Henry McKenna is also a 1.75L and not a 750ML, so that might be a bit more palatable price wise.

I will keep the 10 year TC on my radar. I’m gonna be building a little Tin Cup Collection soon so I have a set of nice whiskey cups to share bourbon when I go out on the road. Also picking up a nice flask too, possibly one of these if I can find one for the right price:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wow if Sazerac is readily available by you, I would love to see what else is readily available, that is considered an allocated whiskey around these parts (New Jersey).
Go to the "Martin Wine Cellar" website. They have a fairly good list and pricing of stuff they sell. Click on pickup in store, Metairie and New Orleans are their largest stores. When I travel I generally check the Total Wine and More site for locations in the area I'm visiting to find stuff I can't get down here.