What's new

Today's Bourbon

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Haha how does that stuff taste? The Costco we have here sells some liquor, nothing impressive, but I don’t have a membership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not bad really. It's not great but it's perfectly fine in my Old Fashioneds. I've heard rumors that Dickel bottles it but it doesn't taste like it to me.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Haha thanks. Don’t have any Meijer’s near me and Walmart’s aren’t permitted to sell alcohol either by me. That’s New Jersey for you. We’re a pretty regulation heavy state.

That's awesome!! I like how they put those security caps on the tops of the bottles. Never seen that done before on alcohol lol
It's walmart man, people will just straight up walk out the doors then the alarm goes off and they truck to the car....they are in and gone, before the fat ass security cop is to the door

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm pretty sure it's legal to buy alcohol without a membership... Here's a thread if that counts as a source:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/newjersey/comments/8hrqfx/do_i_need_a_membership_to_purchase_alcohol_from/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
HAHA first you have to get past the retiree's at the door checking your membership. They made me stand in line at Guest Services to fill out a guest pass, only to have Guest Services tell me that's not their policy and they don't what they're talking about. I'll keep that in mind though for when I stop by again.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Damn that sucks and a full bottle too. I had something similar that happened to the old style cork stopper of Elijah Craig, but mine was halfway finished. I once had a bottle of Booker's which as you know has those waxed-in corks. The damn wax ripper (or w/e you call it) broke and I had to cut it open with a knife. Nearly sliced my hand open in the process.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
HAHA first you have to get past the retiree's at the door checking your membership. They made me stand in line at Guest Services to fill out a guest pass, only to have Guest Services tell me that's not their policy and they don't what they're talking about. I'll keep that in mind though for when I stop by again.
Lol they can't catch you, just walk past

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I dont necessarily mind the screwcaps, but the metal ones that Weller used suck. If you bend one, its trash. If you over-tighten, the threads smooth out like removing a dent from a car.

I keep corks for a display, like guys keep a jar of cigar bands. It's secondarily useful if one goes bad. But if you drink much Weller, better stick a few caps in a drawer.

Oh, and I dont mind the fake cork versions at all. BT comes to mind.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dont necessarily mind the screwcaps, but the metal ones that Weller used suck. If you bend one, its trash. If you over-tighten, the threads smooth out like removing a dent from a car.

I keep corks for a display, like guys keep a jar of cigar bands. It's secondarily useful if one goes bad. But if you drink much Weller, better stick a few caps in a drawer.

Oh, and I dont mind the fake cork versions at all. BT comes to mind.
I’m in the same camp as you. A good screw cap is almost as hard as finding a good quality cork. Blanton’s comes to mind for quality traditional corks but so does Tin Cup and their use of the synthetic cork. Haven’t handled a Weller cap before and the only screw caps I’ve handled were that of the Irish variety. Never had any problems.

I too keeps all of my corks/caps but find that the authentic corks tend to shrink when dried.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
No pic but went out to dinner tonight and saw blantons on the bourbon list for 7$ And I’ve never had the chance to try it before so I got a single pour and i immediately started to regret that decision. Should have gotten a double. That stuff is incredible.
Yeah, it's liquid gold

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk