What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree 100%. Some folks have different limits.

Go above $70, and I better know damn well I'm getting a top notch bottle. That's just me, though...
I've never won the opportunity to buy a bottle of Pappy 23 ($300) so I've never pondered spending that much before. I'm sure if I did win that rare opportunity, that I would part with the bills. I use the George T Stagg rule, which to me is; if a bottle of GTS costs $98 retail then how much better is "X" whiskey costing twice or three times as much and is it worth the gamble? Like you I put extensive research into even the inexpensive whiskies, so usually I have the answer to that question with minimal effort.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've never won the opportunity to buy a bottle of Pappy 23 ($300) so I've never pondered spending that much before. I'm sure if I did win that rare opportunity, that I would part with the bills. I use the George T Stagg rule, which to me is; if a bottle of GTS costs $98 retail then how much better is "X" whiskey costing twice or three times as much and is it worth the gamble? Like you I put extensive research into even the inexpensive whiskies, so usually I have the answer to that question with minimal effort.
Perfectly said, and the GTS example is my thought process too. I've found that the $55-70 range is about where value vs quality peaks for me. With a few LE exceptions, there are diminishing returns above that. Now, there are some real "value" bourbons that are below the price range, and offer tremendous quality for the money spent...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another one bites the dust.
View attachment 131779
Gone but not forgotten hopefully. It's actually not totally gone, those corks tend to absorb a fair amount, nearly a tiny sip of bourbon, you just have to wait a couple of days for it to release it. I use it for my Infinity Bottle. Just leave the cork as is and then....magic lol