What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Belle Meade Sour Mash, a gift from my sister. First sips are kind of light with a very quick finish. Definite rye spice and bit of alcohol burn but not very complex or deep flavored in my opinion. Interested to see how it develops now that the bottle is open.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Belle Meade Sour Mash, a gift from my sister. First sips are kind of light with a very quick finish. Definite rye spice and bit of alcohol burn but not very complex or deep flavored in my opinion. Interested to see how it develops now that the bottle is open.
Please update if it improves, I've been eyeing it lately.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had some Russell’s Reserve 2002 and then killed bottles of Old Fitz 11yr BIB, WFE 3yr Rye and Michters Rye.

Then finally moved the heavy ass old industrial cart in from the garage to the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet whiskey cabinet. What’s the backstory on that piece? Also nice collection. Mine is growing as well, about 16 bottles thus far.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Friday’s biweekly cigar lounge visit was excellent. Lots of whiskey to be shared. Some good grub too; bloomin onion & hot wings. Had my usual 3 cigars and about 6 pours of various whiskies. Not pictured is a Auchentoshan American Oak & Elijah Craig Small Batch

First time trying this. Very spicy & rich in flavors. Anybody know where the whiskey was sourced?

Decided I’d give Stagg Jr another try. Mine was decidedly way too hot for my palate which muted any kind of complexity. This one was the opposite. Glad to see that they can get it right from time to time

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sweet whiskey cabinet. What’s the backstory on that piece? Also nice collection. Mine is growing as well, about 16 bottles thus far.

It’s an old industrial cart I picked up at an antique store. I had searched for a long time for something to store all my bottles in. The challenging part was finding something the all the bottles could stand up in. I sanded of some rust, sprayed a coat of rust-oleum on it, and will soon be putting mirrors on the sides and bottom of the lower shelf area.