What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
208 GTS thanks to @jcolan1

Willett Pot Still thanks to @12VoltViking

OF1920 thanks to @12VoltViking

GTS was very good, Willett pot still was very average so I won’t be getting a bottle any time soon, but OF1920 was really great and I deff want to pick up a bottle ASAP!!
OF1920 is one of my favorite pours. Just has a depth and richness not many other bourbons have. I should probably pick up a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well, maybe not what I expected. Was definitely not bad, but different. First time I think I've tasted mint in bourbon. Also tasted earthy a bit.

Hard to explain. Wasn't bad. I'd be curious as to others as well who have a more refined palate than mine.
Also this is not criticism, this is also a brand new bottle and it's basically a barrel proof as well. There was some hotness to it that I think if I'd had added water would have helped. Also as the bottle breathes a bit I can see it evolving. Looking forward to it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, maybe not what I expected. Was definitely not bad, but different. First time I think I've tasted mint in bourbon. Also tasted earthy a bit.

Hard to explain. Wasn't bad. I'd be curious as to others as well who have a more refined palate than mine.
Funny you mention Mint. That’s the exact note I got from my very first Bourbon, Woodford Reserve DS. I was so disappointed when I finally bought another bottle 3 years later and it was absent.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got lucky! This was released online to buyers at my store. I clicked the mouse so hard it almost broke. Paid $50 which I still think is a steal. This was 6 proofs higher then my first bottle release.

The bottle that left such a mark, it’s still among my all time top 5 whiskies. Paid $38 for it, so not much more I guess