What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I got EXTREMELY lucky this week. I have been BTAC hunting for about a month now at my new shop near Atlantic City (where I live temporarily). I had been stopping by several times a week and asking about it, each time speaking with a new person (they have 6 managers) . Other times calling in, as I travel for work. The story I heard each time was “we don’t hold anything, we put it on the shelf and sell at retail”. So I’ve been confident about getting a bottle, as I knew the work ethic required. So fast forward to Tuesday, which was the day I heard it was supposed to make landfall. I called in and spoke to a completely new person who said:

“what’s your name, I’ll add you to the list”

Needless to say I was shocked. I asked how long the list was and it was about 60 people. Obviously I was pissed, but kept my cool. I was asked what bottle I was interested in, to which I replied “William LaRue Weller”. The response i heard wasn’t shocking to guys like us. “Well that just moved you up the list considerably, everyone I spoke with wants Pappy Products”.

I made a special trip in as I wanted a face to my name. He told me the BTAC arrived and he was gonna go through it the next day, should my name get picked I would get a call.

A quick minute later, I felt a tap on my shoulder, and the best 6 words I’ve heard in awhile: “one less bottle to worry about”.....

My 2017 George T Stagg finally has a companion. I’ve been lusting after a bottle since @erjaq shared a sample with me more then 2 years ago

I wasn’t going to waste any more time, I celebrated my hard work and luck immediately. Served Neat in my Kentucky Bourbon Trail Glass. It’s an oak bomb with tons of complexity & viscosity.

Retail is king, but still the most I’ve ever spent on a bottle before. GTS was $104
Paid $117, but would buy again in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So I got EXTREMELY lucky this week. I have been BTAC hunting for about a month now at my new shop near Atlantic City (where I live temporarily). I had been stopping by several times a week and asking about it, each time speaking with a new person (they have 6 managers) . Other times calling in, as I travel for work. The story I heard each time was “we don’t hold anything, we put it on the shelf and sell at retail”. So I’ve been confident about getting a bottle, as I knew the work ethic required. So fast forward to Tuesday, which was the day I heard it was supposed to make landfall. I called in and spoke to a completely new person who said:

“what’s your name, I’ll add you to the list”

Needless to say I was shocked. I asked how long the list was and it was about 60 people. Obviously I was pissed, but kept my cool. I was asked what bottle I was interested in, to which I replied “William LaRue Weller”. The response i heard wasn’t shocking to guys like us. “Well that just moved you up the list considerably, everyone I spoke with wants Pappy Products”.

I made a special trip in as I wanted a face to my name. He told me the BTAC arrived and he was gonna go through it the next day, should my name get picked I would get a call.

A quick minute later, I felt a tap on my shoulder, and the best 6 words I’ve heard in awhile: “one less bottle to worry about”.....

My 2017 George T Stagg finally has a companion. I’ve been lusting after a bottle since @erjaq shared a sample with me more then 2 years ago

I wasn’t going to waste any more time, I celebrated my hard work and luck immediately. Served Neat in my Kentucky Bourbon Trail Glass

Retail is king, but still the most I’ve ever spent on a bottle before. GTS was $104

Glad the hard work paid off brother!!! What an awesome Christmas gift to yourself! Enjoy it!!!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome Friday at my Cigar Lounge. No grub this time. Went there on an empty stomach and smoked 3 meaty cigars. Also had about 6 glasses of various whiskies. Needless to say I paid a price lol

This is quickly becoming my favorite budget Rye ($26.99). Tons of character and spice

This bottle weighed a lot. The stopper alone could’ve broke through a wall.

First time having this, wasn’t bad just not sure I would buy a bottle.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad the hard work paid off brother!!! What an awesome Christmas gift to yourself! Enjoy it!!!!
Thanks man! I’m in the market for a bottle of Booker’s for a New Years Gift to myself. I’m back at it researching what my next bottle will be. I am in serious need of that good ol Beam Funk . @gurgalunas

So far I am undecided between Teresa’s Batch, Kitchen Table, and Beaten Biscuits. This would be my first Booker’s purchase since mid 2016.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
So far I am undecided between Teresa’s Batch, Kitchen Table, and Beaten Biscuits. This would be my first Booker’s purchase since mid 2016.
I was looking at the Beaten Biscuits today myself. Didn't pull the trigger as another store has a couple different releases from '18 and I want to research before I decide which one.

Tonight just some basic EC

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Thanks man! I’m in the market for a bottle of Booker’s for a New Years Gift to myself. I’m back at it researching what my next bottle will be. I am in serious need of that good ol Beam Funk . @gurgalunas

I've heard great things on Beaten Biscuits. Looking for that bottle for myself as well.