What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Merry Christmas all. Last night while finishing up preparations.

Now after a great Christmas morning and lunch. While the kids nap enjoying with some home made bourbon, chocolate chunk and pecan cookies the Mrs. stayed up late making for me. Told her to use the OE7. Phenomenal and these two are basically like biscuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Did a side by side tonight. The 2018-2 is awesome. Totally different than the 2019-3. Imo 2018-2 takes the cake.

I’ve decided that Teresa’s Batch is the one for me. Heavy on that famous (or infamous) Peanut Funk, which I love love love. Now I just have to find a bottle. I’m prepared to pay $79.99 and not a penny more. Been budgeting my budget this past month so I can justify it.

Was gifted a sample of Backyard BBQ by @nc_6789 for helping him out with a special whiskey he eventually will be sharing I’m sure. Thanks brother!

It has a softer bouquet then what I’m use to, however my sample was chilled (apartment sits at 52 degrees), so I’m curious to see how it tastes at a proper room temperature being back home for Christmas break.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I’ve decided that Teresa’s Batch is the one for me. Heavy on that famous (or infamous) Peanut Funk, which I love love love. Now I just have to find a bottle. I’m prepared to pay $79.99 and not a penny more. Been budgeting my budget this past month so I can justify it.

Was gifted a sample of Backyard BBQ by @nc_6789 for helping him out with a special whiskey he eventually will be sharing I’m sure. Thanks brother!

It has a softer bouquet then what I’m use to, however my sample was chilled (apartment sits at 52 degrees), so I’m curious to see how it tastes at a proper room temperature being back home for Christmas break.

Awesome news bro! I’ll deff be trying mine as soon as I can, currently battling a stomach virus with my wife and daughter, it’s been a shitty (literally) Christmas Eve and Christmas

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I scored one of those bottles and holy hell it’s amazing. I wish I could get more but I doubt at the price I paid from a local shop.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
I’m comfortable with it being a once a year purchase, at $50 it’s definitely worth it to me to buy a 2nd, as the flavor profile is different each time. Favorite Rye most definitely but certainly not an everyday sipper. Rittenhouse BiB is still king at $27

Have you tried it in a rocks glass? It’s the only glass I use with this Rye, a total orange peel bomb, not present in a Glencairn or bourbon glass.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's actually Riedel glasses. I think technically cognac but I love the long stem. They are great. Seem similar to Glencairn

Nice! Thin walled glass? They remind me of the Copita Nosing Glass commonly used for Scotch Whisky