What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe it's jealousy (it definitely is) but I don't like seeing all the pictures of people who just collect and have 25 bottles of all the good stuff. It is for drinking!!!
I may be getting closer and closer to my goal of 25 bottles but I can assure you they are all uncorked and enjoyed. Well except for this one, but I intend on opening it this Saturday when I craft my first Old Fashioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@BourbonBinder , which Little Book was it? Yeah, Blanton's Gold rocks. Went to a herf last summer and the host brought it out and said he didn't care for it. Me and two others happily "disposed" of it for him. ;);)

Last night's pour:

Lol that was the reaction of a couple of members who tried it (Blanton’s Gold), was shocked considering how rare it is to at least find something enjoyable about it.

The Little Book was Chapter 3 (122.6 Proof)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Lol that was the reaction of a couple of members who tried it (Blanton’s Gold), was shocked considering how rare it is to at least find something enjoyable about it.

The Little Book was Chapter 3 (122.6 Proof)
Too funny. My two buddies and I thought it was at least one step up from the regular Blanton's. Obviously the host was more like the members by you. :LOL:

That is the Little Book I have, really enjoying it too.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Did a SBS of a couple BTPS’s that my county has done. The one I finished I was told when they did the tasting that it was higher rye. I was skeptical at the time thinking no way they would use MB#2 for BT. Been seeing more info lately that BT has been using some MB#2 barrels for MB#1 picks. Don’t have any info on the new one but they are night and day different and can believe that the old may indeed have been MB2. I didn’t think until now that I should have added some Blanton’s to the SBS. The new one is good but more honey and apple but the old one had more backing spices on top.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Side by side tonight! Love these releases.

I’m right there with you. The 2019 is good, but the 2018 might be up there with some of my favorite pours. I’m always surprised at the relatively little love these releases get.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I’m right there with you. The 2019 is good, but the 2018 might be up there with some of my favorite pours. I’m always surprised at the relatively little love these releases get.

Agreed. Obviously the price dictates that these SHOULD be good. But my opinion is that they actually ARE that good. Compared to a lot of the releases at a similar price point, these are just as good if not better IMO

Rating - 100%
52   0   0

Also, I agree 100%. To me 2019 is really good, but the 2018 is something else. Absolutely worth every dime and for my taste better than the 2019. Again, both outstanding bourbons.