What's new

Today's Bourbon

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I really enjoyed my first glass. There’s the quintessential OF cherry note but it’s so far in the background it might as well not even be there. I was surprised with this one, and I don’t get surprised much anymore with Bourbon. I envy my adolescent days just getting into the hobby, where everything was new and for the taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what it was! Cherry cough syrup, but in a good way!! There was a sweetness, just couldn't pin it down.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This continues to wow me. I think it even edges out Rittenhouse BiB for my favorite readily available budget Rye

Speaking of Rye; has anyone heard of this hitting the shelf? Is it any good? I’m a fan of the Tin Cup Whiskey and after 2 years, still use the tin cup...cup that came with it

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@BourbonBinder , I've seen the Tin Cup Rye at my local Binny's. You say the regular is good? I never even considered it, thought it was just a novelty...interesting to hear it is good.
I enjoyed it. I found it to be unique in character from anything I’ve tried since or before. Using the Tin Cup adds definitely helps and creates an interesting experience. I bought it for a free range kayak camping trip and it blended well with the surroundings. It’s not going to blow you away, but for the price, Bottle presentation, Tin Cup (Cup), and unique tasting notes, its totally worth it

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Thanks @BourbonBinder , I will be more open minded to trying it when I get the chance.

Visited 4 Mom & Pop shops in my travels today. (Well, 3 M&Ps and 1 Binny's I've never been to before. Nothing at Binny's or 2 of the shops. Other shop at a few things at prices out of my comfort zone, EH Taylor Single Barrel for $129, Old Fitzgerald 15 for $499. Good price on ECBP B519 ($59) but I already have one on reserve an it's probably my least favorite of the 2019 releases.

Did find 1 gem among the Booker's though. A single bottle of the funk. After my taste of it the other day, I jumped on a chance to have a back-up at MSRP.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Some parts of the country, regular BT is allocated. In KC, the deliveries are not "on demand", but quantities are pretty good, so shortages are rare. Some of the smaller shops that don't sell the volume of Sazerac products, like Fireball and Wheatley Vodka, might get pinched, I guess.

I am anxious for a barrel pick BT to show up. Its 3 months late...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks @BourbonBinder , I will be more open minded to trying it when I get the chance.

Visited 4 Mom & Pop shops in my travels today. (Well, 3 M&Ps and 1 Binny's I've never been to before. Nothing at Binny's or 2 of the shops. Other shop at a few things at prices out of my comfort zone, EH Taylor Single Barrel for $129, Old Fitzgerald 15 for $499. Good price on ECBP B519 ($59) but I already have one on reserve an it's probably my least favorite of the 2019 releases.

Did find 1 gem among the Booker's though. A single bottle of the funk. After my taste of it the other day, I jumped on a chance to have a back-up at MSRP.

Glad I have another Funk Brother! My bottle has been sitting and waiting, so I’ll have to revisit it and see if it’s any better with oxidation. The Teresa’s Batch just might be the Funkiest of the Funk.

This was a special pour for me. Wanted to pour the WLW or GTS, but it was 12am and I wasn’t awake enough for that. My Twin Brother finally came home after 7 months. He left in August out of anger and hasn’t spoken to anyone until yesterday. I’m so excited I could die right now. My mom has been getting sick from all the worry and just had a biopsy, so our family just feels so blessed right now with his return and are praying for her wellbeing. He texted her for the first time the night of her procedure and surprised her the next day in person. having him home has her in an unusually high spirits. Just wanted to share that with you guys.

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

Second pour of the Dickel BiB, liked it better than the first.

Is there a Buffalo Trace Single Barrel that has been recently released? I see pictures with stores limiting purchases to one bottle, and was wondering if there was something different about the recent supply?
that Dickel is... odd...

BT is getting thin in places..
Some parts of the country, regular BT is allocated. In KC, the deliveries are not "on demand", but quantities are pretty good, so shortages are rare. Some of the smaller shops that don't sell the volume of Sazerac products, like Fireball and Wheatley Vodka, might get pinched, I guess.

I am anxious for a barrel pick BT to show up. Its 3 months late...
My locals barrel pick is about 3 months late as well.... :confused: