What's new

Today's Bourbon

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Anyone have or seen this one yet? If they listen to feedback like this, I think this bourbon only stands to get better. Because coming from this reviewer, 2.5 barrels isn’t working for me at that price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BB doesn’t give high scores for many bottles. I don’t use their overall barrel score. I go by how they describe the flavors and how the flavors come about to help me determine if it’s something I should buy. It’s also hard to compare to Stagg Jr (impossible to find and much more expensive). My gut is telling me that ECBP will skyrocket in price in the near future. I will be looking for this bottle based on the my prior experience with OF.

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Last night I drank ascending proof pours. Had a couple of each of the first two, then one of the last before falling up the stairs to bed. :LOL:

OF 1920 - 115 proof

Bookers 2019-01 (Teresa's Batch) - 126 proof

ECBP C919 - 136 proof

Can anyone recommend a good 140+ proof bourbon/rye I can get for next Friday? :LOL:
If you come down to NC you can sit in my driveway and have a drink with me. It’s the 2010 release.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
20200524_111037.jpg
The local grocery store, which has a great liquor section, happened to have the entire Whiskey Row lineup .... so I had to buy all of them, plus a bottle of Statesman. I haven't had the 1870 or 1897 yet so I'm looking forward to trying them. And the best part? My wife didn't complain or discourage this purchase, hell she pretty well encouraged me to buy ALL of them. She's definitely a keeper!

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
What a beautiful looking bottle! Looks like you've tried it, how was it? I love the 136 proof bourbons I've had, wondering what another 3.5% adds to the mix.
More oaky flavors mixed with heat. I think the extra years in the barrel help with that. I’ll do a better review next time I have some.

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0

I did a blind side by side between Batch 2 & 5. I actually thought Batch 2 was better. I got more heat out of Batch 5 and at some points it was so intense it took my palate a few minutes to rebound. The Batch 2 was more balanced overall.
Here are my notes:

Batch 2 first sip - sweet nose more heat. smooth long finish and long heat

Batch 5 first sip - exact opposite. powerful heat almost medicinal at times although it had more body.

IMO a whiskey ice cube will do wonders to Batch 5 while Batch 2 can just be sipped on. Both great in their ways.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
View attachment 149791

I did a blind side by side between Batch 2 & 5. I actually thought Batch 2 was better. I got more heat out of Batch 5 and at some points it was so intense it took my palate a few minutes to rebound. The Batch 2 was more balanced overall.
Here are my notes:

Batch 2 first sip - sweet nose more heat. smooth long finish and long heat

Batch 5 first sip - exact opposite. powerful heat almost medicinal at times although it had more body.

IMO a whiskey ice cube will do wonders to Batch 5 while Batch 2 can just be sipped on. Both great in their ways.
Thanks for the review! What are the proofs on those 2 batches?