What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
View attachment 149786
The local grocery store, which has a great liquor section, happened to have the entire Whiskey Row lineup .... so I had to buy all of them, plus a bottle of Statesman. I haven't had the 1870 or 1897 yet so I'm looking forward to trying them. And the best part? My wife didn't complain or discourage this purchase, hell she pretty well encouraged me to buy ALL of them. She's definitely a keeper!
The 1897 BiB you will definitely enjoy, I certainly did. This one drank above its proof and had a nice oily mouthfeel with gobs of viscosity and flavor. Old Forester might just be my new favorite distillery, it has surpassed Buffalo Trace as a whole. Its just got “The Fizz”. Too bad I can’t get this excited about anything else Brown-Forman has to offer. I even love their 86 Proof bourbon and don’t even get me started on their Rye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great adds! Now you just need the 1920.

Are you in the Chicago area?
Im over in River Grove just outside the city. I plan on picking up a 1920/86 proof duo pack at my local binnys now that its on sale. Just gotta find a birthday bottle now haha!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Im over in River Grove just outside the city. I plan on picking up a 1920/86 proof duo pack at my local binnys now that its on sale. Just gotta find a birthday bottle now haha!
Nice, I am out in the Western Burbs.

Are those both full 750ml in those duo packs? Last time it was on sale at Binny's it was only $5 more than the 1920 alone, like getting an 86 proof for $5.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I am out in the Western Burbs.

Are those both full 750ml in those duo packs? Last time it was on sale at Binny's it was only $5 more than the 1920 alone, like getting an 86 proof for $5.
Yep! My binnys still has like 5-6 of those duo packs.