What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright guys I need some advice. I finally found my bottle of eagle rare 17 year old from 2003. I think my expectations may be too high. I don’t think I want to open it. It seems like it is pretty rare.
thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Alright guys I need some advice. I finally found my bottle of eagle rare 17 year old from 2003. I think my expectations may be too high. I don’t think I want to open it. It seems like it is pretty rare.
thoughts?

Drink it, especially if you paid rape prices - but regardless drink it man, I felt the same way about the two BTAC I picked up this year and haven’t opened them yet, but will be doing so shortly - life’s too short - drink the bourbon, smoke the cigars, eat the fuckin cake!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Drink it, especially if you paid rape prices - but regardless drink it man, I felt the same way about the two BTAC I picked up this year and haven’t opened them yet, but will be doing so shortly - life’s too short - drink the bourbon, smoke the cigars, eat the fuckin cake!
So I am about to make you sick. I bought this way before it was fashionable. In 2004 or 2005. It was on clearance because they couldn’t sell the last bottle. I won’t tell you the price but it would make you sick how little it was. So not attached price wise for sure.
I just remember thinking it’s 17 years old. Surely one day it might be worth something or get better. Didn’t know back then it wouldn’t age any more. I was very early 20’s and was more into tequila back then and crown. I bought a case of the original red XR from the same store.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So I am about to make you sick. I bought this way before it was fashionable. In 2004 or 2005. It was on clearance because they couldn’t sell the last bottle. I won’t tell you the price but it would make you sick how little it was. So not attached price wise for sure.
I just remember thinking it’s 17 years old. Surely one day it might be worth something or get better. Didn’t know back then it wouldn’t age any more. I was very early 20’s and was more into tequila back then and crown. I bought a case of the original red XR from the same store.

Haha oh I can only imagine what the price was then smh so if price isn’t an issue then that helps unless you really need some funds, I say drink it and enjoy it, but that’s just me, others may feel differently

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There are two scenarios in this decision

#1 On his death bed dear Old Grandpa asks you to take one of his prized bottles from his liquor cabinet, telling you "when you drink it think of me"
or
#2 You win the same bottle in a free drawing at a local liquor store you have never previously been in.

Which of these two scenarios best fits your bottle?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are two scenarios in this decision

#1 On his death bed dear Old Grandpa asks you to take one of his prized bottles from his liquor cabinet, telling you "when you drink it think of me"
or
#2 You win the same bottle in a free drawing at a local liquor store you have never previously been in.

Which of these two scenarios best fits your bottle?
Not sure if I understand what you mean....?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
One question, are you a big bourbon guy? If so, that bottle could be like Heaven in a glass. If you're not, it could buy you something you do love.

I recently got one of the '18 BTAC bottles, but I'm no collector, it will get opened the first time one of my bourbon buddies comes over.

@Erikis35

What is the reluctance to just sitting down and having a pour? Is there a reason to keep it on the shelf?
$$$$? :p

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One question, are you a big bourbon guy? If so, that bottle could be like Heaven in a glass. If you're not, it could buy you something you do love.
Answer no not yet. I am still really getting into bourbons. I am still a neophyte. I enjoy them but it’s not the end all be all. Not yet anyways.

I recently got one of the '18 BTAC bottles, but I'm no collector, it will get opened the first time one of my bourbon buddies comes over.

$$$$? :p

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The fact someone sent me a message on Facebook offering to purchase it. I had a pic of it posted.

So my original post was intended to ask you how much the bottle means to you. I had a friend at a shop ask me what I would do with a unicorn if he got it for me. I said I would keep it and enjoy it because it was an expression of his friendship to get it for me. Several weeks later I entered a drawing for some unicorns at another shop and he asked me the same question I said I would probably sell it because it wasn't a "gift"

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my original post was intended to ask you how much the bottle means to you. I had a friend at a shop ask me what I would do with a unicorn if he got it for me. I said I would keep it and enjoy it because it was an expression of his friendship to get it for me. Several weeks later I entered a drawing for some unicorns at another shop and he asked me the same question I said I would probably sell it because it wasn't a "gift"
Ahh ok. Yeah real doesn’t have much meaning to me. Just because I honestly forgot about it for years and it was just something on clearance I thought was cool because it was 17 years old.