What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@icehog3 , you've got a thing for Bookers. I've got a thing for ECBP. Pretty sure I got at least one of all the releases since they started the 3 releases per year in '17. By far, my favorite pour not in the BT Antique Collection.
That is very cool! I love the ECBP, probably my second or third favorite (obviously batches matter, ,like these 2 and Stagg Jr as well). All I have are the 2019s and first 2 2020s, and I must say that the C919 is one of my very favorite pours on the bar.

So how do the '17 and '18 releases compare to the more recent? Is there a particular one from those years I should look for? I see some older ones go fairly cheaply on some FB groups at times.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The regular Bookers is 85-ish and the Little Book was $120.

They had 4 bottles of it, well 3 now.

So fun thing happened last night, the wife and I had a wine dinner at place in town with our “supper club” friends. The owner got 1 of 2 bottles in the entire city of Blanton’s Gold. Bottled at 103 proof instead of the regular 90. I got the last ounce of it and it was amazing. We are headed to KY in October (assuming the distilleries are open) to hit the trail and so I’m hoping this might be something that can be had. I’ll get a picture of the bottle from the wife. I didn’t take one but I know she’s got on from IG.
We had one of these bottles being passed around at my cigar lounge not too long ago. With age and oxidation it gets even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Brian, hope they put some Little Book near MSRP here, we shall see.

I was at a friend's herf last summer and his wife had brought back a bottle of Blanton's Gold from Europe. He opened it and didn't care for it at all (he likes the lower proof juice). Me and another friend killed it off for him. Luckily we were staying the weekend.

Last nigh I cracked my BBQ Batch. Yup, just made the Top 5. Matt @BourbonBinder, have you had this one? Feels like a cross between Teresa's and Front Porch to me.

I have actually not had much distinguishable Booker’s in my experience. There’s only three I can speak of by name, which is Teresa’s, Ring Batch and Tommy Batch. However I’ve bought at least 5 snifters of various Booker’s batches while at The Montecristo Lounge in JR Cigars. Didn’t think at the time to ask what batches they were, which is regrettable. I’ll have to be on the lookout for that one though

With your vast Booker’s experience and bottle selection, I’d say you’ve more then earned the title of the resident Booker’s tasting expert.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two days in a row I’ve been able to enjoy bourbon and cigars with a fellow member of my lounge, while he was spending several nights at Golden Nugget in Atlantic City celebrating his 30th wedding anniversary. I’m only 3 miles away, so I met him and his wife each time by the Marina for several cigars, bourbon and some excellent conversation.

First night. A mixture of whatever was almost finished in my dwindling collection. Old Ezra Barrel Strength, Yellowstone Select, Evan Williams Small Batch. The cigar was a gift by my friend. It’s a distributor special (only 20 available) and smoked just like a pipe lol

The 2nd night we were celebrating a completely different occasion. My friend won $5,000 at a slot machine and I brought something a bit more deliberate. We finished the bottle.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I have actually not had much distinguishable Booker’s in my experience. There’s only three I can speak of by name, which is Teresa’s, Ring Batch and Tommy Batch. However I’ve bought at least 5 snifters of various Booker’s batches while at The Montecristo Lounge in JR Cigars. Didn’t think at the time to ask what batches they were, which is regrettable. I’ll have to be on the lookout for that one though

With your vast Booker’s experience and bottle selection, I’d say you’ve more then earned the title of the resident Booker’s tasting expert.
Or resident Boob. :LOL:

Glad you had a good time with your friends, sounds like a blast Matt.

Speak of the Devil (or the Boob), opened a new batch last night, Off Your Rocker. Wow! Reminds me of Kentucky Chew with a touch more sweetness. Needing to adjust my Top 5 yet again.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Received a wonderful gift to step up my bourbon tasting game yesterday from Matt @BourbonBinder.

Libbey Bourbon Trail glass, I'm so excited. I've realized lately that I think I am missing some of the nose (and therefore the palate) with my rock glasses, and am really pumped to see how this will change my experience.

Of course Matt couldn't send me a glass and nothing to put in it. So he went "low brow" with some William Larue Weller. :LOL: Never had it before, and will blame Matt if I adore it and can't find it under a million dollars.

A tasty cigar, and not to be forgotten, a wonderful note. Thank you so much, Matt, my game just got a little better.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Got together with @jcolan1 last night for some socially distant pours and a cigar. He was gracious enough to let me try a few private selections; a FR 10 1/2 yr OESK, an almost 11 yr Russel’s Reserve, and the MoCo Barrel 14 year Dickel sourced. The four roses was the best of the bunch but the RR was close behind. The Barrel was just so different. Not sure that I’ve ever had anything Dickel/Dickel sourced. It was so sweet I probably would have thought it was a finished bourbon in a blind tasting. I truly understand the Flintstones vitamin note as that was shining through. Thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks again James.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@marshall9779 , someone in a FB bourbon group was just recommending the Russell Reserve last night, might picjk up a store pick the next time at Binny's. Surely don't need to buy any more Booker's than what is already in route. :LOL:

Last couple nights had my first pours in the Libbey glass that Matt @BourbonBinder sent. The first was the WLW he sent me on Wednesday, last nigh was some A119 ECBP at 135.2 proof.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Received a wonderful gift to step up my bourbon tasting game yesterday from Matt @BourbonBinder.

Libbey Bourbon Trail glass, I'm so excited. I've realized lately that I think I am missing some of the nose (and therefore the palate) with my rock glasses, and am really pumped to see how this will change my experience.

Of course Matt couldn't send me a glass and nothing to put in it. So he went "low brow" with some William Larue Weller. Never had it before, and will blame Matt if I adore it and can't find it under a million dollars.

A tasty cigar, and not to be forgotten, a wonderful note. Thank you so much, Matt, my game just got a little better.
Glad it was a great success! Looking forward to seeing that glass make more appearances in your posts. I can see you hunting down old WLW releases now after you complete your Booker’s collection.

Oh shoot probably shouldn’t be giving you these ideas.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing special tonight, just a scrappy Old Fashioned using Regans Orange Bitters, sans orange peel. Only had a mango in fridge. Thought about it for a second lol. Trying to enjoy these as much as possible while the weather is still “old fashionable”. Plus I’m trying to kill this Tin Cup Rye; major disappointment

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Cracked open a "Toogie's Invitation" last night. Neck pour kind of non-descript, opened up with a couple drops of water. I'll reserve judgment until I have a couple more pours.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..... I screwed up, was told I should try Old Grand Dad BiB and somehow I ended up buying the Old Grand Dad 80 proof by mistake. I opened it before I realized what I had done and poured some in my glass. I know taste is per the individual but neat this stuff IMO is almost undrinkable. I added a couple of drops a water to see what would happen and it's only slightly better. Thank God it was a cheap mistake.

Sorry if this offends any fans but this stuff is going to the island of misfit bottles to be poured to those who come over I don't particularly like.