What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A night of descending proofs. 126, 107 and 100. Started with Teresa’s (Matt @BourbonBinder branded it "The Funk". Still as funky as ever in the best way imaginable.

Kept the spice high with OE7, and finished with the Early Times BiB.
Unlike the night before, three solid pours. ET BiB is definitely the best sub $30 pour I’ve had.

I need to try the Early Times as I keep hearing good things about it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think you'll be disappointed at the price point.

Last night I opened up Annis' Answer and the Old Haymarket SB.

That was my very first Booker’s bottle purchase back in 2015. I bought it for retail (then) price of $60. I can still remember my first glass of it, the shock I received. After all the highest proof I had prior to was 94 Proof (Elijah Craig Small Batch)

Correct me if I’m wrong but do you own a bottle? My store nearby got in some George Dickel Bottled in Bond. If it’s anything like this review I’ll have to score a bottle of it. Also I found its alleged 13 year Age Statement to be most impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of my stores is finally catching up to modern day times, despite already having an impressive selection. Excited to be buying one or two or all of these over the next year. You simply cannot beat those prices

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My exciting weekend filled with spirited Ferrari driving, amazing bourbon and beer, cigars and excellent conversation and company.

The cigar was rolled by an ex-Cuban cigar roller who currently works as a model in Florida. She only hand-rolls about 100 of these a year. Burned evenly the entire 2 hour duration & paired terrifically with bourbon

Shout out to @icehog3 for my first ever Partagas CC. It was delightful and memorable.

At $21 this EW was certainly a crowd pleaser

This was a rare distributor special. One of 20 available. Smoked evenly and the ash actually hung on past the bend. The looks I got lol

After 8 hours of detailing in the hot 90 degree sun, it was time for a break. This was a first for me and I’m afraid the start of yet another hobby of mine. Flavor nuances were of blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes.

Almost forgot, the Ferrari. It belongs to my dentist who I have known for 30 years. He’s like an uncle to me. Its been about 8 years, but I use to work for Ferrari as a detailer, still got the magic touch I think.

1987 328 GTS

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Matt @BourbonBinder , I went through a bottle of Dickel BiB that a friend in Texas sent (only time I have seen it here is at the bourbon bar in the United Center by the pour). For me, I wasn't impressed. I'd take Early Times, EHT and a couple other BiBs in that price range over it any day. I thought I finished the bottle a couple weeks ago but let me look. If it's not empty, I'll send you a sample.

:LOL: I'm guessing Annis' 126 proof was quite the shock after 94.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Matt @BourbonBinder , I went through a bottle of Dickel BiB that a friend in Texas sent (only time I have seen it here is at the bourbon bar in the United Center by the pour). For me, I wasn't impressed. I'd take Early Times, EHT and a couple other BiBs in that price range over it any day. I thought I finished the bottle a couple weeks ago but let me look. If it's not empty, I'll send you a sample.

:LOL: I'm guessing Annis' 126 proof was quite the shock after 94.
Haha thanks. At that price point I’m ok with the gamble. It will be a good bourbon to bring to my cigar lounge and share with the members. It was a shock indeed. Left me breathless but definitely wanting more.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Sorry boys. Feel like I haven't been on here at all recently. Hope everyone is well!

Here's my drink tonight!

If that one is anything like the other Campari Whiskey Barons series, I bet its solid. Just wish those were not $50 for a 375ml. I've gone through several of the Bond & Lillard bottles, but picked them up for $22 on clearance.

Btw, dont throw away the bottle. Remove the label and keep it. They are very handy for taking booze when a flask isnt enough, but a full bottle is overkill. Perfect to share a couple of pours with a buddy.