What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Booker's night (shocking, I know) while watching hockey. Wanted to revisit what has been my least favorite batch to date, Kitchen Table. Followed it up (strictly for purpose of analysis, lol) with pours of Backyard BBQ and Front Porch.

Heading into the night, I would have ranked them (1) Backyard BBQ (2) Front Porch (3) Kitchen Table

After the night, I rank them (1) Backyard BBQ (2) Front Porch (3) Kitchen Table :LOL:

The good news is I liked the Kitchen Table more than the last time.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Booker's night (shocking, I know) while watching hockey. Wanted to revisit what has been my least favorite batch to date, Kitchen Table. Followed it up (strictly for purpose of analysis, lol) with pours of Backyard BBQ and Front Porch.

Heading into the night, I would have ranked them (1) Backyard BBQ (2) Front Porch (3) Kitchen Table

After the night, I rank them (1) Backyard BBQ (2) Front Porch (3) Kitchen Table :LOL:

The good news is I liked the Kitchen Table more than the last time.

With all that high ABV Barrel Proof goodness, I’m surprised you didn’t end up under the Kitchen Table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Chicago FB whiskey group did their first private barrels, 4 single barrels (101, 103, 107 and 114 proof) and a cask strength small batch (120 proof). I grabbed one of the cask strength because at 120 proof should be in my wheelhouse. Barrels were sourced a year ago at 5.5 years from Heaven Hill, so bottled at 6.5 years.

Had to go into the city to pick it up, while I was at the store that is doing the distributing I also bought a single barrel store pick of Union Horse after sampling it. 127 proof and tasty and under $50.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up today in a trade for Kentucky Chew and some cigars. Probably use the Weller FP DP as trade bait for some older Booker's.

Wow! I’m impressed! How did you get your hands on a Full Proof Weller? That’s a rare one in the Bourbon community. I’d hold on to it if I were you. A friend just paid $300 for his, and that’s still a great deal.

A resource I rely on, he’s been very accurate over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Wow! I’m impressed! How did you get your hands on a Full Proof Weller? That’s a rare one in the Bourbon community. I’d hold on to it if I were you. A friend just paid $300 for his, and that’s still a great deal.
Matt, I got it in a trade with a friend from SoCal who happened to grab a couple. He also send me a dram of it which I had last night. I was hoping it wouldn't be in my wheelhouse, but it is delicious. I may dangle it on FB for some really old Booker's batches, but I can hold out for something I really want as if I don't move it, I would certainly enjoy drinking it. :cool:

After the WFB, had a pour of the Little Book Chapter 2. Still haven't opened my Chapter 3, but I am told it is head and shoulders better than Chapter 2.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

Really liked the first pour. Three pours in, I'm glad I only paid $29. OE7 is so much better.

This is just "ok" for me. I originally picked up 2 bottles, one for a friend and one for me. My friend decided he didn't want it any more, so I traded it for a bottle of 2020 Booker's.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
A night of descending proofs. 126, 107 and 100. Started with Teresa’s (Matt @BourbonBinder branded it "The Funk". Still as funky as ever in the best way imaginable.

Kept the spice high with OE7, and finished with the Early Times BiB.
Unlike the night before, three solid pours. ET BiB is definitely the best sub $30 pour I’ve had.