What's new

Today's Bourbon

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks, @Tennessee Dave! Just raised a toast to you for Weller Antique suggestion! Very good Bourbon. And you are right: each store I visited said the same thing. They get a case of ten bottles and each goes to ten best customers for that year as a thanks. But the clerk also agreed with your assessment. Weller Reserve and Antique are very close to Pappy, if not indistinguishable to the novice palate. The 12 Year and Larue are scarce now. Three years ago he had everything in stock. Pappy and Weller. Then GQ did an article saying Weller 12 year was just as good as Pappy, and his stock was gone that day in an hour.

image.jpeg

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Believe it or not I am having a brand new to me bourbon tonight. I have never read many good reviews of it but I was out and do some restocking of some daily drinkers and saw a small "airline" size bottle and picked it up as well. I am sure you will recognize it. Thought I would give it a try. Simple, not at all complex, sweet corn, a touch of vanilla, a bit of nuttiness, clean and of course at 80 proof short finish. I was pleasantly surprised given all the negative I had heard about this. Can you spot it among today's pickup?
IMG_3416.jpg