What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Mine? I didn’t know you had a GTS? How did you come about that? It was very good, albeit not as good as my 2017 (129.2 Proof). Could be because of the lower then usual proof (116.9).

Correction: it was actually the 2019 release, not 2018, which was 124.9 Proof.
Matt, I hit a little $500 lottery win a few months back and used some of the found funds to buy a 2018 on the secondary market. Wanted to have at least one semi-baller bottle for special occasions.

I have heard from GTS drinkers that the 2019 release was disappointing. And that the 2018 release was excellent. I'll find out soon, just looking for the right occasion and company.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Matt, I hit a little $500 lottery win a few months back and used some of the found funds to buy a 2018 on the secondary market. Wanted to have at least one semi-baller bottle for special occasions.

I have heard from GTS drinkers that the 2019 release was disappointing. And that the 2018 release was excellent. I'll find out soon, just looking for the right occasion and company.
Yeah 2019 was substandard all the way around. I even challenged a restauarant on the authenticity of their bottle it was so far off. 2013 at 128.2 is my favorite.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Congratulations that’s quite a special occasion bottle to have in the collection! Low secondary prices I hope! I’ve had a sample of the 2016 GTS, which was the 2nd highest proofed in its long history in the BTAC, actually by only 0.07 proofs at 144.1. I enjoyed mine neat both glasses.

As far as the 2019 being disappointing...hey it’s a GTS, which no matter how it is by comparison to mine or the 2016, I’m going to enjoy it no matter what, because to most people, it’s a rare occasion and a privilege meant for enjoyment. After all there are only 19 separate George T Stagg releases since 2002, that’s a pretty exclusive club to be a part of.

If I ever get to the point of being overly critical with something as rare as George T Stagg, then that will be the end of my Bourbon journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
If I ever get to the point of being overly critical with something as rare as George T Stagg, then that will be the end of my Bourbon journey
How did I know you drank that HazMat neat, Matt? (y):LOL:

I agree with the statement as well. "disappointing" GTS is likely still tastier than 99.9% of stuff out there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two nights in a row of fun. First night was cigars with my downstairs neighbor, celebrating his birthday. Old Forester Rye made a guest appearance. 2nd night was drinks with my upstairs neighbor. He never tried Willett Family Estate Rye before, so I brought that over and he returned the gesture with some Noah’s Mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk