What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
3 pour evening, Amped up the proof each pour until I ended up at 136.

First pour was a sample of a Blue Note 10 year store pick at 113 proof.

Followed by pours of SW Uncut Unfiltered and Elijah Craig BP A120.

How do you like that Smoke Wagon? NJ strangely has two of their offerings, and the prices are very reasonable.

Saw this yesterday and the price is out of this dimension

This is definitely going to be my next slow pour bourbon purchase. From the high praise it gets here, to the reviews I’ve read & watched, I’m excited to try it. It was a toss up between Maker’s Mark Cask Strength, which is still on my list. Can’t believe I’ve never tried either

Most most recent additions to the now growing collection. Haven’t had this OF before, but I hear good things. I’m always excited to try something new from Old Forester

Anyone try this yet (Maker’s 101)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Some great pickups, Matt @BourbonBinder. I have been curious about getting the WT Rare Breed BP too, one of these days I'll pull that trigger.

I like the Smoke Wagon Unfiltered /Uncut, the flavor is good and the heat isn't overwhelming for the proof (not that I would mind more heat personally, lol). I don't hear a lot of great things about the cheaper versions (regular and small batch), where I hear great things about SiB and Desert Jewel, but the prices are crazy.

Actually that price on the 30th has been going up, most people are looking for 800+, and seems like they're getting it. I'm going to think hard not to think about the 30, the 25th, the Rye, the Noe Select etc. I will only make myself nuts.

Went rye last night, a small pour of HW Bourye, followed by a pour of EHT Straight Rye,

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Had a sample of Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel last night. I think I've ruined myself for non-exceptional low proof bourbon. Tastes so watered down to me, and I really didn't get anything different than I do with the regular EC 94 proof.

After that, had to recalibrate my palate to 120. :cool: :LOL:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finished obtaining all the Booker's (named) Roundtable batches. 15-01 (Big Man, Small Batch) completes the series. There is damage to the batch label so I got it well under secondary pricing. I'm a drinker, not a collector. ;)

Congratulations on the completion of the series. Looks like you’re going to have to find a new Barrel Proof bourbon series to hunt down. The BTAC’s could seriously get expensive, so I’m not giving you my endorsement.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Turned 36 yesterday so I decided it was high time for me to uncork the 2017 George T Stagg. This is by far my all time favorite still. Potent notes of chocolate, fresh cut grass, tobacco.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Happy Birthday Matt!

Congratulations on the completion of the series. Looks like you’re going to have to find a new Barrel Proof bourbon series to hunt down. The BTAC’s could seriously get expensive, so I’m not giving you my endorsement.
BTAC ain't happening, I've got my one GTS and that's gonna have to do. Gotta save some money for essentials like cigars, and luxuries, like food. :LOL:

Not looking to complete either, but have several Stagg Jr and ECBP from awhile back, and will continue to get them going forward.

I find it hard to get into the High West stuff. A little pricey and distilled outside Kentucky. How is this one treating you?

Although this one doesn’t sound half bad

I got a couple bottles of Bourye as gifts, I would not seek it out.

The High West Double Rye was a favorite a couple years ago when I thought Rye was my jam. Not so muich anymore.

Turned 36 yesterday so I decided it was high time for me to uncork the 2017 George T Stagg. This is by far my all time favorite still. Potent notes of chocolate, fresh cut grass, tobacco.
Sounds worthy of your Big Day!