What's new

Today's Bourbon

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Love the old Whistlepig, Jeremy, how was the straight 15? Also curious about the Barrell, have seen a couple that are near Hazmat and would love to try one of those. Thanks @Glassman

That was a mix of 2 barrels that she had them blend for her 70/30. It was amazing and I don’t even like rye... but at $260 not a buy for me.

That barrel was amazing. But I’m still choking at the price I paid. Next to last bottle she had, but $110. ‍ :facepalm:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
That was a mix of 2 barrels that she had them blend for her 70/30. It was amazing and I don’t even like rye... but at $260 not a buy for me.

That barrel was amazing. But I’m still choking at the price I paid. Next to last bottle she had, but $110. ‍ :facepalm:
Interesting Jeremy! The "Rick and Morty" I bought recently is also a blend of two barrels and is amazing. Lucked out that the bottles were only $99. I understand they're already at 300+ on the secondary market. I'd be a hard pass at anywhere near that price.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Cracked my Little Book Chapter 3 last night. Nose was all black pepper and ethanol. Palate was bad, finish was pure ethanol. Let it sit. Added a couple drops of water. Waited more. A few more drops. Ugh.

Super disappointing after all the hype and how long I waited to open it. Hoping it's like some other high proof bourbons I've had and that the introduction of some air changes it for the better. Can't get any worse.

Grabbed a pour of the Whistlepig blend to end on a tasty note.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Cracked my Little Book Chapter 3 last night. Nose was all black pepper and ethanol. Palate was bad, finish was pure ethanol. Let it sit. Added a couple drops of water. Waited more. A few more drops. Ugh.

Super disappointing after all the hype and how long I waited to open it. Hoping it's like some other high proof bourbons I've had and that the introduction of some air changes it for the better. Can't get any worse.

Grabbed a pour of the Whistlepig blend to end on a tasty note.

Bummer! But yeah, cracking it to let some of that ethanol go, and some time with some air to it oughta help it you would think. Amazing what it does for some of those others if we’re thinking along the same lines...
Has it affected the other bookers you’ve had much?

Last edited: